By browsing and search around on these forums, you'd already know...but, I'll tell you anyway

Spiders are a good little amp for a 2 year-trained hobby player setting in their bedroom. I'll give it to them, they are loud for what they are, but that really doesn't mean a thing. Very digital sounding amps, but for the price, you decide.
I need to know this too, there now cheaper to buy, and i dont have alot of money
I was messing around with one at Guitar Center, and the distortion is amazing for such a cheap small amp.
Depends what you're looking for in an amp, though getting a "good" sound out of it requires a good bit of tweaking.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Ive been playing for a while but I have a 15-watter and then a big marshall stack and need something thats a good cheap loud but not too loud amp that I can fool around with while Im not giggin
††††††††††††††††††††

Quote by Chevylegend454
Ddarkgod667 Your my hero
for today at least

Quote by Home_EG
I don't get it...

Dave Mustaine?

Is that the guy who wasn't good enough for Metallica?

If you like Nu-metal... check these guy's myspace out
Last edited by Ddarkgod667 at Jul 23, 2006,
have you tried out a roland cube, or a vox valvetronix?

alot better for what you pay for
They are pretty sweet, they are amazing for metal and hardcore, the site has the guys from slipknot playing them and some other guy, Im pretty sure they use them and have settings for it. go for it
They're pretty crap, Cubes all the way for metal practice amps.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^ agreed i hate how many people say line 6 spider 2s have great distortion and all this ****. ive played one myself and its the most digital sounding thing ever just about as bad as the marshall mg.

The roland cube i have also played and it has a quite convincing rectifier setting which sounds pretty decent.

Havent played the vox to be honest.
Crap.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by Ddarkgod667
Ive been playing for a while but I have a 15-watter and then a big marshall stack and need something thats a good cheap loud but not too loud amp that I can fool around with while Im not giggin

I hope your Marshall stack isn't an SS Marshall..

Roland Cube for metal practice amp, Vox Valvetronix (50) for anything else.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Are they any good?

You can have the short answer or the long answer.

Heres both so you can decide:

Short: No

Long: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

They have a very short life, low re-sale value (which you probably do eventually when you come to geta bigger amp) and they sound to digital and the distortion is veeery over-rated.

If you like the sound though...
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Well I have one and I don't see what you all are bitching about. To some... maybe the are horrible but I happen to like mine alot. Id say you go and actually try one out and also try a couple others out and see what you think. Hey you might hate it but at least give it a chance.
I have played on a Spider II amp b4....they really arnt that gd, they feel cold and they sound really digital. Theyre priced way to dear aswell, if ur looking for a amp to mess around on then go for the roland cudes...i have played on these and tehyre great little amps n wont destroy ur bank balance either.
Jaffa cakes...are they cakes or biscuits?

You decide...
Quote by LP_rulz06
I have played on a Spider II amp b4....they really arnt that gd, they feel cold and they sound really digital. Theyre priced way to dear aswell, if ur looking for a amp to mess around on then go for the roland cudes...i have played on these and tehyre great little amps n wont destroy ur bank balance either.

they're priced too much??
The 75W is like 200 bucks now.
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
they're priced too much??
The 75W is like 200 bucks now.

yea...theyre priced to much for wot u get lol. Here theyre bout £179 which is near enuff 200 bucks but i still wudnt pay that much for one! id rather save up and get a proper amp
Jaffa cakes...are they cakes or biscuits?

You decide...
you guys are all insane, i've had the 210 model, 120 watts, since last december, and it's amazing. If you want a tube amp, you dont consider a digital amp anyways. This amp is great for gigs, it's far easy to take care of, it's loud as hell, and if you know what sound you're looking for, you can probably find it on this amp, plus the built in effects are extremley handy. I'd say go for a smaller one then the 210 or 212 though, unless you're a huge fan of the amp, which i happen to be.
Speaking of Spider Amps, mine came in and I picked it up today. However, I'm having trouble getting it working. Everything is all set, the pedal is setup, guitars plugged in, channels are all turned up, and I cannot get any sound... anyone know what it might be causing this?
I dont know how they are set up but is the power chord fully plugged into the amp?
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by cubedeathk
I dont know how they are set up but is the power chord fully plugged into the amp?

Yeah.. power is working fine. All the LED lights are working, its giving power to the pedal and all, but I can't get any sound out of it. I tried full volume on channel volume AND master and couldn't even get a noise out of it, I turned all the volume knobs on my guitar up, check all the input jacks, switched cords, and still got nothing.
just play one. If you like it buy it. But i have heard from like a million people that they suck!
Never argue with and idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!
i have a 30 watt spider and i have considered returning it from all of the bad critics, but i think it isnt bad at all. they do have a digital sound but thats only on the clean station with ur pickup set to a humbucker. ppl say tht theyre distortion is over-rated, to me the whole amp is UNDer-rated
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Well I have had mine for over a year n a half. I got the 30 Watt Unit. It, in my opinion, is a great amp for low volume level playing, the clean sucks, the crunch and metal settings have absolutly no sustain, and the insane channel has little in the way of great distortion--- at high volumes. But I purchased, a Digitech Death Metal pedal, and that added the much needed sustain and distortion. Though sadly, the 8 knobs I have to adjust to get my sound, makes for a huge range of sounds, but omg it's a bitch to keep up with the same sound. Because you have to tweak the knobs a lil' to return the amp to your custom settings, and get rid of the factory preset sound.

Though, I heard there's a way to save your custom sound, could someone tell me how?

... So yea, I could recommend this amp, if your willing to shell out more money to get pedals, and a good acoustic guitar, since the Clean drive ****ING BLOWS!!!
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
just put on what ever settings you want and then hold the channel button for a couple seconds and it will save it
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by hethamulburton
Well I have had mine for over a year n a half. I got the 30 Watt Unit. It, in my opinion, is a great amp for low volume level playing, the clean sucks, the crunch and metal settings have absolutly no sustain, and the insane channel has little in the way of great distortion--- at high volumes. But I purchased, a Digitech Death Metal pedal, and that added the much needed sustain and distortion. Though sadly, the 8 knobs I have to adjust to get my sound, makes for a huge range of sounds, but omg it's a bitch to keep up with the same sound. Because you have to tweak the knobs a lil' to return the amp to your custom settings, and get rid of the factory preset sound.

Though, I heard there's a way to save your custom sound, could someone tell me how?

... So yea, I could recommend this amp, if your willing to shell out more money to get pedals, and a good acoustic guitar, since the Clean drive ****ING BLOWS!!!

Get your settings down on like the A channel or one you don't need as a preset and when youre done that hold down the A channel button on the amp interface and it takes a snapshot of the settings. It's pretty awesome.. I just got mine working and it took me about twenty minutes to get the tones I wanted but I have them all saved now.