hey all, i was at guitar center today playign a js30rr (jackson). the action was incredible, but it sounded like sh*t.

do you ladies and gents have any opinion on this guitar if i was to swap some emg 81-85's in it?
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
You can always adjust the action on guitars to the level you love so you shouldn't buy a guitar just because its got incredible action.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
BTW, based on many other UGers it sucks like hell and its only got the rr shape nothing else compare to the higher rr models.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
the reviews on the site say 9.8. and 8.3 for user

i also liked the size/shape/weight of it.

but in your opinion, if i put actives in it, would it sound good?

is it true that active pickups sound the same in any guitar?

trust me on a first hand basis for this one.
HORRIBLE.
absolutly horrid.
everything about it other than the looks is worht maybe 100. MAYBE
i would take the money for that + what you were gunna spend on EMG's and buy something decent. viper400 maybe (comes with EMG's)

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
****ty guitar.

You can never go by user reviews on a music store like that. Those are noobs who bought it for its body shape and think its the ****.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I own it, and yeah, I can admit when I bought it, I waas excited about the RR shape. It's not that bad. That being said, it is not a good guitar. I don't use it anymore. I suggest not buying it, and sticking emgs in it would help since the stock ones aren't that good, but I would just steer clear. Wanna buy mine?
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
I don't think active pickups sound the same in any guitar. It depends on quality and spicies of the wood. Some said EMG's are better with mahagony body.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
if i had a grand to spend on a guitar i would :-/

but i dont want a floating trem either. i wouldnt use it/dont want to keep up with tuning on it.

Hm, maybe you can make another thread regarding buying a new guitar. Give details on what type of music you play and what spec you want on the guitar +your budget. I'm sure many UGers are glad to help you. Don't buy something that you'll regret later.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.