Page 1 of 6
i think krist novoselic is underrated. listen to his songs from nevermind, like Lounge Act etc.
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
Last edited by 4STRINGBOY at Jul 23, 2006,
How is he underrated? lol
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
krist novoselic from nirvana. hear closely to songs like 'ain't it a shame' and some songs on the 'nevermind' album. plays cool but u don't really notice it. also the dude from green day, like on the song 'longview.'
Cone, the guy from Ugly Kid Joe, um... lolz.. y cant i get the other names??!! well in general bassies r underrated.. wanna kick the punk who did that first..
paul mccartney plays some really hot basslines, which unfortunately are very quiet on the recordings. tons of great basslines on abbey road and sgt pepper's.
You don't notice it and that's a good thing? Krist did nothing special. 90% of nirvana cover bands don't feature a bass player, and they suck just as much as Nirvana did.

And the guy from Green Day is fairly well regarded here.

You want someone underrated, from an underrated band... Speesy Giesler.
haha
no one talks about rex brown from pantera that much...at least around me. he whipped sum sweet ****.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
BC Rich Platinum Series Beast
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat
Hartke GT100 Head
Hartke GH412a Cabinet
Dunlop Classic Wah
Danelectro FAB Metal
DOD Phaser Pedal
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Quote by YJM_withastrat7
no one talks about rex brown from pantera that much...at least around me. he whipped sum sweet ****.

Rex "Rocker" Brown ROCKED! Anyone that could stand up against Dime deserves a pat on the back.
haha
Rex Brown by far, I dont even like Pantera but you have to admit him and Dime kick ass.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
since when was mike dirnt well regarded here? but yeh he is underrated.

hunter from AFI barely gets a mention. Cone from Sum 41. Jon Gallant from Billy Talent.
Hardly ever see Duff mentioned here. I love his bass playing.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Mike Watt barely ever gets mentioned in these forums.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Not sure of any of you guys have heard of him, but there is a bass player called Victor Wooten who is really good..
i also think the bassist from jamiroquia is SO underrated.
^Hardly anyone talks about either of them. shame, the basslines are Funky as hell.

oh, and Rex brown
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Well i would say that's because a) this is an American site, and most users are from the US where Jamiroquai are not that big at all and b) because most people on here listen to rock and metal..
Quote by Applehead
Well i would say that's because a) this is an American site, and most users are from the US where Jamiroquai are not that big at all and b) because most people on here listen to rock and metal..

Its russian, actually but yes, a large amount of users are American

and true, that.

Quote by metaldud536

it's based in Russia ! Thats because of the laws (or lack of them)

I'm surprised at how little funk is talked about on here. I know young Daniel likes a bit of funk, but i never really here anyone talk about it. To me, bass = funk.. !
Quote by Applehead

I'm surprised at how little funk is talked about on here. I know young Daniel likes a bit of funk, but i never really here anyone talk about it. To me, bass = funk.. !

eh, we all know bassists go out on a little groove now and again

Quote by metaldud536

wtf im asian. filipino to be exact. and jamiroquai is unknown here. people listen to hiphop and OPM(original pilipino music) here.
Quote by 4STRINGBOY
wtf im asian. filipino to be exact. and jamiroquai is unknown here. people listen to hiphop and OPM(original pilipino music) here.

Wassup my fili brother!

Filipino love up their love songs... everytime I'm over there, that's what more or less seems to be playing most of the time.
Duff is very under rated, he really is the best bassist that uses a pick , watch videos of him live with guns n roses he owns, also Timmy-C from rage against the machine was always left in the shadow of other bassists in the 90's like flea. but Timmy-C is the god of bass!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Mike Dirnt iof Green Day, without a doubt. His work on Kerplunk and Dookie is outstanding.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Applehead
Not sure of any of you guys have heard of him, but there is a bass player called Victor Wooten who is really good..

I'm not sure if you're joking or not.

Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
Mike Dirnt iof Green Day, without a doubt. His work on Kerplunk and Dookie is outstanding.

As was mentioned earlier, around here, most people know that Mike Dirnt has talent. Shame he's letting it go to waste on the newer crap Green Day is putting out.

I would say Mike Mills from REM is the most underrated. I have never seen him mentioned her, ever, except by me on a few occasions.
Matt Freeman is really underrated. We all gawk at Maxwell Murder and Axiom but how many times do you see someone mention him around here?
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Quote by MX4Life
Matt Freeman is really underrated. We all gawk at Maxwell Murder and Axiom but how many times do you see someone mention him around here?

It seems that Maxwell Murder and Axiom are the only Rancid songs that get attention. What about stuff like Not To Regret?
Krist from Nirvana doesn't seem to get all the recognition he deserves.

Also Mike Dirnt from Green Day has some nice basslines that are intermediate, not the hardest but still great.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Stuart Coleman from The Music is pretty much unknow but his basslines rock!!

Adrian from The Very Special Guests is pretty good too !
Last edited by Applehead at Jul 23, 2006,
Quote by Applehead

FUNK = bass

Funk is the best, without it, just think how people would feel about bass today??? I mean, evemn now all people wanna do is play guitar, but if funk wasn't there and people like flea/Timmy C ect, didn't bring it to rock, then im pretty sure a few of us talkin here would be in the guitar forum......

Quote by flyingmarlin
Duff is very under rated, he really is the best bassist that uses a pick , watch videos of him live with guns n roses he owns, also Timmy-C from rage against the machine was always left in the shadow of other bassists in the 90's like flea. but Timmy-C is the god of bass!

Timmy-C????? I have always known about him. It was Rage and the chilis tht brought Rock/rap/funk into the music scene. I think chilis hit the music aspect and Rage pissed the government of too much lol.

I have always thought that timmy-C was up their with Flea anyway.....Might just be me though??

Btw, i think most bass players in FUNK bands: Tower of power and sly and the family stone ect, are all underated.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Quote by CoolDudeMorgasm
Mike Watt barely ever gets mentioned in these forums.

Thank you!

I don't think many people know who he is sadly.
Chris Squire from Yes, I just think he gets overshadowed by the other members.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I'm not sure I've seen anyone mention Carlos D from Interpol. He doesn't do much technically complicated stuff but is really what makes the band for me.
He hasn't had a lot of time to get "big" yet because the band isn't huge...yet.

But my vote goes to Salvatore Mignano from The Sleeping.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10