hey i need some tips for palm muting, i'm trying to play weezer hashpipe, but i just cant get the palm mute right... any tips?
i'm one of those people that roll their terds into balls and eat crayons... can you find me a home?
start with your pickhand on the bridge but not covering any strings, the strings will ring in this position. then slowly and little by little start moving your pick hand up onto the strings from the bridge until you get the right sound.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
here is the online lesson i used to teach myself palm muting. just take your time, start from beginning of it and work your way through it slowly so you can get the feel for it. its important to grasp the concepts down before you get too crazy with it. I think the link has an audio sample from hash pipe too which is a great song to learn from.

the link is

http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa062401b.htm

have fun
start palm muting at the bridge and slowly go up the strings till u get the sound. the closer u are to the bridge the 'crunchier' of a sound u get.
yeah make sure your doin it right. like get sumone to show you how. cuz when i started palm muting i like, tried to do it with my wrist. and it sounded completely retarded. dont do that.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
BC Rich Platinum Series Beast
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat
Hartke GT100 Head
Hartke GH412a Cabinet
Dunlop Classic Wah
Danelectro FAB Metal
DOD Phaser Pedal
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal