so yea i got a fender hot rod deville and the od on it isnt that great i can get a nice classic tone but i need an od to get a metal tone which od would u guys recommend??
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

now its time for me to go reduce my risk of prostate cancer.

im currently looking at the mxr zakk wylde od is it negood?
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

TS808 or OD808
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
lol i looked both of those up i want something to give me like a metal and hardrock tone
the screamers are alil more bluesy
Quote by GuitarJunkie

hmmm o jeeeze what about the boss od factory pedal?
Quote by GuitarJunkie

If you run the tubescreamer in front of the already overdriven amp, it will drive it to metal tones...I doubt you will get nu-metal or metalcore tones, but it can drive it to old metallica, slayer, rhoads, ect. You'd need a rectifier for certain tones, but ZW does an awesome metal tone w/ his marshalls.

I don't have the same amp, but with my marshall dsl100, I use a boss sd-1 in front of my lead channel. Just crank the level on the pedal to max, and boost the gain until you get what you want. The sd-1 is more trebly and 'harsh', but it cuts through and gives kickass tones. Also, look into the DOD yngwie pedal. $30 off music123, and I can get really good hard rock tones on my epi valve junior combo with it. It also can do metal, but it doesn't work too well with rhythm and chords.

The maxon or tubescreamer would be the "best" because of true bypass and they don't color your tone much.
lesplaulrocks39 is right. If you look up most bands set up they use and od pedal in front of their distorted channel and then an noise gate for excess noise. Zakk Wylde, Metallica, Yngwie, and Trivium are just a few who do that.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
you probably shouldntve gotten a hot rod if youre looking for metal anything, but thats just my opinion.

youll probably find more 'metal-y' distortion from a flat out distortion box.

tech21 sansamp?
damage control demonizer?

bit pricey but if you want metal thats what i would look into. (other than a different amp)
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
if ur going for metal sounds....then y get a fender deville...the best overdrive pedal will barely drive it to metallica stuff..but not nu metal...
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by frank694
if ur going for metal sounds....then y get a fender deville...the best overdrive pedal will barely drive it to metallica stuff..but not nu metal...

The best od may get it to rock.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Delete this thread.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30