Just got back from guitar center, sadly they dont have the Ibanez rg321 that i wanted.

This is my first guitar so i need the whole she-bang.
I guess my next few options are either to buy

A: Rg120 with a roland microcube and strap/gig bag/strings/tuner

B: Squier Fat strat with roland and the above accessories. http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_squier_black_and_chrome_fat_strat_electric_guitar?full_sku=103212932

C: The squier fat strat pak : http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_squier_affinity_fat_strat_pak?full_sku=512070%2e001

Ive heard around here that the paks arent any good, but ive also heard that the affinity series is better than the standard because they dont use agathis. If i buy the pak i also get the amp + cable, strap, and bag, tuner.. strings. All the things i need.

I wish someone here with some experience with the pak could tell me why this package is so cheap. 50 bucks more than a standalone standard fat strat for all those bonuses? there has to be some other difference here.
Last edited by Naregnemyes at Jul 23, 2006,
Have them order the guitar you want. Don't settle for less. Get the RG you want and the microcube.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
But i was thinking it might be so expensive for me just starting out, i need to buy all those accessories i dont even know how much i can haggle them for... Also, would they charge me for ordering it?
ok basically have you been playing or not. cause if not get just a pak cause most likely you will be gay and not be "into" it and its a fad for you. if not and you actually know sorta how to learn or u know how to play sorta already go with the rg and cube. the only thing i regret from what i bought was not getting the cube. cause its a great little amp. and since ur not gonna gig yet (guessing) watt wise is perfect.
ive been playing for like 1 week now. Im fairly sure I want to keep learning.

My biggest question is about that pack, is there no one here that has broken it down and seen what the baby is worth yet -_-?
No. They may want you to make a down payment for them to order it, but that would be about it.

As for the accessories, a plain nylon strap (all you need) is $6, a tuner is $10, and most of the time the salesperson will throw a cable in free with an amp. The Roland 15 Cube is only $95, while the micro cube is $125. The microcube may have some effects, but it's also battery powered. Personally, I'd go for the Cube 15.

So far thats about $110 in accessories. Most stores throw in a couple packs of strings with a guitar as well, so that's not an issue.

The RG321 is $280, so $390 for all you'll need for a while. It would be quite a good set up that won't need upgrading again in 6 months. I say go for it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Naregnemyes
ive been playing for like 1 week now. Im fairly sure I want to keep learning.

My biggest question is about that pack, is there no one here that has broken it down and seen what the baby is worth yet -_-?

The stuff in any pack is usually garbage. A POS 10w amp that's nearly useless, a cheap ass cable that will short out on you, an average tuner and a regular nylon strap.

You aren't really saving anything by buying a starter pack. You're just getting cheap stuff that will need replacing within a few months (or days with the cheap cable).
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
hmm ok. Assuming i dont buy the pack then, when i go in tommorow and get my **** with the accessories and either order an rg321 or get a fat strat standard squier.

Ive heard you can haggle the price down a bit. what would be a good price for these guitars, or the roland cube (price without a free cable or gigbag, and with.)