daniel08
111 IQ
does anyone Know any mexican or spanish sounding guitar chords?
yawn
Be back later.
2,701 IQ
Mmm...I'm pretty sure there aren't any "Mexican" chords...
Abandoned_Alien
death by information.
51 IQ
Well, playing E chord, F barre chord, and G barre chord together makes that kind of spanish sounding guitar that I think is on a commertial...
think11270
UG Addict
165 IQ
Quote by yawn
Mmm...I'm pretty sure there aren't any "Mexican" chords...

Indeed.
But, I've played a few flamenco songs and they are usually in E.

Try A minor, D minor, A minor, E, A minor.
I dono.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
yawn
Be back later.
2,701 IQ
Listen to Muse's City of Delusion and Screenager for some cool Spanish-esque chord progressions.

Also, Thrice's acoustic version of Opaque.
les-is-more
196 IQ
F#, G, and A barre chords played right sound espanol-like
aaronni
blues...
603 IQ
Quote by yawn
Listen to Muse's City of Delusion and Screenager for some cool Spanish-esque chord progressions.

Also, Thrice's acoustic version of Opaque.

I second that, both songs have a Spanish type of sound. Well the start and end of City of Delusion.
luisaceo
UG Newbie
281 IQ
what the **** do u mean by "spanish chords"???, im spanish and there are many other spanish bands apart from flamenco ones
Dirk Gently
Exorcising my angels
1,234 IQ
Quote by luisaceo
what the **** do u mean by "spanish chords"???, im spanish and there are many other spanish bands apart from flamenco ones

Oh, don't get your panties in a bunch. Chrissakes. He wasn't trying to be racist, you putz, he probably just couldn't think of the word "flamenco."
Hi, I'm Peter
shok_411
UG Board King
283 IQ
I think the most important thing to do to learn Spanish music is to understand the rhythm. Spanish guitar has lots of hits and purcussive strikes which is what makes it really difficult to play as you have to learn quite a few new right hand styles and become very proficient at them. You will also find Barre chords to be the most common because you can simply release the strings for the purcussive strikes. It all takes a lot of coordination but is well worth it.
honkey
218 IQ
Try Im-bVII-bVI-V progressions

like, in key of A you could say Am, G flat, F flat (which I dont know how to play) and F.
#2 fanboy of Conor Oberst pm frd_mrshall to join
Little_T&A
245 IQ
Quote by luisaceo

yeh but they suck