SO I have had my electro-acoustic for about hmmm... I think about 5 months and I never really plugged it into an amp except when I bought it because I never needed to. But I tried it again about a month and a half ago and all I got was static.

So, the details:

-It is not the amp
-It is not the lead
-it is not the battery.

-If I touch my hand to the guitar end of the lead it half gets rid of the static but touching the other does no more and vise-versa.

And the worst problem:
-Absolutely no noise comes out but static except (and I had to test this when there was noone home) when I turned amp and guitar up very loud and you can faintly hear that the notes are coming through it.

I am pretty sure it is the pickup.

Anyone had the same problem? Any tips on what might work? Anyone know why it decided to screw itself?

Any help greatly appreciated. And I mean greatly.
The more you lick them
The more you like them

Not for the first time in my life, I curse my bad luck.
hmm.... maybe.

Any idea how to fix a screwy jack? That sounded a bit..... odd.....
The more you lick them
The more you like them

They're really not worth "fixing" personally I'd get a new one and put that in (they aint expensive) or if you're not experienced with replacing parts like that, whip it down to the store you got it from.
check the cord to make sure cuz thats what always happens to me when a cord is on its death bed
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Meaning lead? coz it isn't the lead.
The more you lick them
The more you like them