Page 1 of 3
well looks like the offical lineup for gigantour 2 has been posted, to me its a let down compared to last years

MEGADETH LAMB OF GOD, plus OPETH, ARCH ENEMY, OVERKILL, INTO ETERNITY, SANCTITY and THE SMASHUP all confirmed for these mostly outdoor shows

heres the full article

Gigantour Official lineup and dates
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Sounds absolutely horrible
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
It makes no difference to me as i live in the UK....
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
yeah this year pretty much blows
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Lame. Megadeth sucks now, I wish I had seen them in their heroin induced days, but oh well. Not a good lineup at all.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
whats the smashup doing there?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by Spynal
Sounds absolutely horrible

save arch enemy, they have a good live act. Other than that... terrible.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I'd only go to see Megadeth, Opeth, and Arch Enemy. That's less than half of the bands.

Lineup sucks, basically.
At least last year had a few decent bands.

But then again, I wouldn't want to see anything headlined by Megadeth.
Some poeple will never be happy...
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
I should have gone last year, when Nevermore, Symphony X, and Dream Theater were there.

I've never even heard of The Smashup, Into Eternity, Overkill, or Sanctity.
****ing disapointment, but that is only 8 bands, I remember hearing there was to be 9?

Oh well makes no difference since its no where ****ing near texas.
Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Opeth, and Overkill are good ones. The rest, na. Still, I wish I went to the first one: Megadeth, Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Symphony X.
there are still more second stage bands do be decided. I pretty much just want to go for megadeth. But unfortunately there not coming to atlanta so im pissed
Member of the LeDzEp LoVeRbOy is a pirate hooker fan club. PM fenderfreak101 or me_and_my_esp to join.
Quote by fenderfreak101
sorry i dont understand dumbass language.

Member #8 of the "Can't we forget about all the subgenres & just ROCK?" group PM rockon1824
Quote by Scourge441
I've never even heard of Overkill

*jaw drops to the floor in amazement
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by <><
I'd only go to see Megadeth, Opeth, and Arch Enemy. That's less than half of the bands.

Lineup sucks, basically.

Same here.

Those bands - other bands + Nevermore, Symphony X and Dream Theater from last year =
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
which into eternity is it? i think there is two. a melo death one and a hardcore one. im gonna guess its the hardcore one.

EDIT: nevermind maybe it is the melodeath one. they still kinda suck.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Last edited by Bodom_Shredder7 at Jul 23, 2006,
People are complaining, and I myself only like Megadeth and Opeth, but I'd still like to see them for about 30 quid. I'm assuming its this cheap, as it was last year, and for that sort of money its a bargain.
There's still the second stage bands, and since hardcore/metalcore is more popular these days, there could still be some decent bands playing.
well that lineup sucks, i'd only go for opeth, and i heard arch enemy is decent live though from some friends.
Quote by lou_dog69
the moral of the story is keep your jizz covered fingers out of virgins vaginas... HOLY CRAP that explains how mary was a virgin!!! the bible finally makes sense
I really want to see Opeth. I'd go for that. Into Eternity's alright, as is Overkill and AE. I honestly don't mind LoG. I wanna see what the second stage bands are...it isn't as bad as you're saying IMO.

Sanctity isn't sounding great though. You have to rerember that last year had some bad bands too. FF, DEP, and most of the second stage bands.
Last edited by SickMetal at Jul 23, 2006,
The line-up isn't that bad, but its not great without Kreator.

The thing that pisses me off is there are no texas dates announced, and I'd have to wait even longer for a 2nd north american leg that dave has suggested might happen.
Id go to see megadeth, opeth, lamb of of god and mabye arch enemy if they play older stuff. I might have gone if it came to my city.
Read my post. Not this.
The first time it comes to Australia, it's got a Meh line up.

if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
It's coming to Albuquerque, and I'm sure as hell going just for Opeth. Sure they might not be able to play as long of a set, but the last time they were here was like 7 years ago.
I also wouldn't mind seeing Arch Enemy, Overkill, and Megadeth (again).
Member #32 of the Opeth Fan Club. PM Molodov to join.
Quote by Riff_Man_2002
It's coming to Albuquerque, and I'm sure as hell going just for Opeth. Sure they might not be able to play as long of a set, but the last time they were here was like 7 years ago.
I also wouldn't mind seeing Arch Enemy, Overkill, and Megadeth (again).
thats exactly what i was thinking
Eh, it's alright. I'd go for Opeth and Megadeth but I don't think thats worth the trouble personally. Arch Enemy are alright too.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
I had never heard of Sanctity until last weekend when I saw them live. they are pretty damn good. for them and megadeth i would go.
Brazillian Thrash Massacre
I do want to see Megadeth, Overkill, Opeth and Arch Enemy. If it comes here, im going.

EDIT: Oh, it is. So im most likely going.
Quote by greety
The first time it comes to Australia, it's got a Meh line up.

Meh I'd go anyway just to see "deth"
No one appreciates Overkill.

If you're at all slightly inclined to thrash, definately check out Overkill

Elimination
Hello from the Gutter
Rotten to the Core
**** You

...all killer tracks.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx
No one appreciates Overkill.

If you're at all slightly inclined to thrash, definately check out Overkill

Elimination
Hello from the Gutter
Rotten to the Core
**** You

...all killer tracks.

Well, you would think that all these metal forum regulars would know who they are, eh?
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Page 1 of 3