Page 1 of 2
i wrote this cause im kinda sick of reading the same old lyrics and themes in the songs here
thought i might try something different . . .

Greatest Song Ever:

chorus
This is the greatest song ever
I know cause I wrote it
Im gonna play it real loud
To drown out your bullsh*t

verse
Everyone else is just
Dying to be heard
They open their mouth's
But they can't say a word

I'm sick of love songs
And poems of despair
Turn my amplifier to eleven
To show that I don't care

The ground is trembling
And so are the walls
See why my songs are better?
These songs have some balls

chorus
I know cause I wrote it

verse
It's kinda hard to concentrate
When the lyrics are this loud
But as long as we keep playing
We'll always draw a crowd

I've got a fistfull of skill
And a pure love for rock
If you can't handle that
Then you can suck my . . . nevermind

Our generation today
Needs to write something new
Not the same tired out crap
Find the artist in you

chorus
I know cause I wrote it
I'm gonna play it real loud
thats awesome man. my "clear channel" has a similar point to it so you might be interested
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Pretty funny. I could totally see Faith No More playing a song like that, for some reason. It's got that tounge in cheek sort of feel to it.
It's funny, and kinda packs a punch... solid stuff! I'd love to hear it played (at max volume of course)
Love it dude.

Judging by your 'suck my...nevefrmind' line, I think you'd like MC Lars' album, 'The Graduate'. He doesn't sound like your kinda music but he does lines like that through all his songs.

Brits should imagine an American 'Goldie Lookin Chain'.

iTunes him dude. MC Lars.
I love it. I don't like metal but I would pay to see a metal version of this. Great job.
I love it, how its hardcore all the way through then you end with "find the artist in you", its a challenge to everyone (myself included) to write better, more interesting lyrics.

And shamozz: "And I'm from Mars and she's from Venus / she has ovaries and I have a lightsaber"
I laughed SOOO hard I ended up crying!! In a good way though! That was excellent.
My fave part:

"If you can't handle that
Then you can suck my . . . nevermind"

Question: With the ... before nevermind, are you going to stop all music, and then say nevermind? I just thought it would be perfectly done like that. Rock on man.
Quote by loudmurder
I laughed SOOO hard I ended up crying!! In a good way though! That was excellent.
My fave part:

Question: With the ... before nevermind, are you going to stop all music, and then say nevermind? I just thought it would be perfectly done like that. Rock on man.

That's exactly what I would do, and have a "backwards DJ" sound when it all stops.
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at Jul 24, 2006,
dude, you gotta post a tab for that. that's seriously genius. if you won't tab it, i'll write the music, steal it, get rich, then feel guilty. no, i'll post a tab for it under your and my usernames.
Quote by jdreed08
And shamozz: "And I'm from Mars and she's from Venus / she has ovaries and I have a lightsaber"

Let me send you pics for your personal collection,
I hope they inspire you to give you a . . . smile.

haha classic!!!
but interesting idea...it sounds like you bashing emo...is that true?
or just mad at society for being so dim whitted....

but great song
crit my rhymes?:

Lets Get Drunk and Fuck.

Subtle Arrogance

Do you realize, that i can clearly see your clitoris through your jeans?

Quote by Shaepwnsyou
They're very religious, so they have butt sex to save their virginity.
hehe, frikkin awesome, very funny, what kind of song is it >>>???, it's all so good, very tongue in cheek, its like, wow, but yeh man, i really liked this so cool

if u can be bothered to crit my song the links in my sig (please do <begs>
PSN: Noverion
that is sooooo friken awesome, if you said it really fast with no singing qualities it would sound like a rap, but thats another story, we dont know the pitch or tempo. :-)
wow - didn't think id get this many comments, thanx a lot guys
i was thinking of putting the song to some sort of punk/metal theme
not really mad at all the "emo" kids - i just want to hear something different for a change, thats all
Its rather amusing, im not saying it was written well, i dont think it was, but its something new and i commend you for doing that. also not all lyrics are like that you just need to search more into S&L and music in general.

-Mike
Quote by soldierw/wings
i wrote this cause im kinda sick of reading the same old lyrics and themes in the songs here
thought i might try something different . . .

I'm sick of reading the same, rehashed lyrics. I respond by developing my writing skills and exploring the English language.

Greatest Song Ever:

Already im not liking this. It has the arrogance of a ten year old. If intelligence comes from knowing that we know nothing, perfection comes from modesty.

chorus
I know cause I wrote it

verse
Everyone else is just
Dying to be heard
They open their mouth's
But they can't say a word

I'm sick of love songs
And poems of despair

Its choppy, its amateurish, it doesnt flow and your rhyming is forced.

The ground is trembling
And so are the walls
See why my songs are better?
These songs have some balls

Apparently the alleged balls this song has havent dropped yet

verse
It's kinda hard to concentrate
When the lyrics are this loud
But as long as we keep playing
We'll always draw a crowd

I've got a fistfull of skill
And a pure love for rock
If you can't handle that
Then you can suck my . . . nevermind

Again, its just too amateurish. You write with the style of a pre-teen, its defensive, you havent used language well, its arrogant and blindly confident. I have to admit though, that last line drew a chuckle.

Our generation today
Needs to write something new
Not the same tired out crap
Find the artist in you

Your damn right about this. So learn your language, develop your writing, and for gods sake stop writing songs ive heard a million and one blink182 wannabes play.

Quote by FridayFace
The song is great. On a punk/metal music it would be just perfect.

Shut up. Punk does not discriminate against but is also not limited to three chords and a safety pin. The ideology supports a lack of talent not a lack of effort-which by the way is something that this song portrays.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
an i dont see this song as an effort to be some kindof intellectual masterpiece, its clearly just a throwaway rant, but whats wrong with that. soldierw/wings isnt claiming to be some kindof kipling.. just because a lot of songs are rehashed an dont use metaphors which would be more at home in Alice In Wonderland doesnt make them any less good. ok so it mite be far more original to use obscure similies/metaphors an to wade knee deep in a slush of over-the-top-lyricism, but its by learning old songs, an takin new stances on them that great songs come about. so some are re-hashed but not every effort is gonna be highly original is it. mnaybe some artists are just trying out a couple of ideas in a song. who knows. so, personally, i dont mind critting songs that ive seen on here a million times, just re-phrased cause thats how ppl get better. they read what others wrote an they live n learn.
Quote by loudmurder
My fave part:

Yea that is how i pictured it when i read it. It's really awesome man i like it a lot.
©Ibanez4
i know obviously its not supposed to be good writing. but its not even funny, wtf. i agree with you on the fact that most people around here write the same bullsh.it over and over, but this piece lacks humor and sounds like the 100 other pieces that are written about people writing the same shi.t over and over. so in a big way this song is just a contradiction.

its going to be hard to write a good piece with this subject just because there isn't too much room for creativity. this was a nice attempt though.
ALRIGHT listen up damn-right!- i really didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings when i titled this song "Greatest Song Ever", its just that when you give a thread a name like that, people are going to take notice and read it - which is what i wanted (and apparently it worked)

also - believe me, i can easily write something very complex, technical, and highly symbolic - im not some pre-teen hack with absolutely no talent. I just choose not to write my songs that way. This song came straight from the heart and i didn't feel like i needed to clutter it up with a lot of metaphorical bull****. I agree that i did come off as arogant, but i was really just hoping to send a message to all the new writers and thinkers in the world to move in a different direction than what has already been done

i can appreciate the critisism though - you have every right not to like this song if you don't
Yea, I agree with damn-right!

Its sophomoric and a lot of your views are things that have been played out by pop-punk bands like Blink182. You're right, you dont always need the metaphorical references to have a great piece....but you provide nothing in yours to really get anywhere. Is a point there? Yes. But its not anything special. No offense, but...you talked about not writing lyrics with metaphors. You aren't the first, you won't be the last. You say this could serve as an inspiration of some sorts to tell writers to move down a different path. But, writers do grow. The way you wrote this song though, is (in a way) a comparison to the writing styles of other bands. Plus, writing in a more "sophisticated" (and I use that term VERY VERY loosely) way could improve your writing ability in a way that writing pieces like this will be influenced and create a much better image and theme.

Meh.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
A-MAZing dude! That song is funny, yet very true. I like the "Turn my amplifier to eleven
To show that I don't care" bit and of course, as so many other have said, the "you can suck my.....nevermind" Hahha, awesome job man, I'd love to hear it played!
Interesting. The writing could have been better but it wasnt too bad and at least it flowed well. The theme was cool but I would have taken it more seriously if it was written in a more original way.
By the way, was the amplifiers to eleven reffering to Spinal Tap? If so thats awesome. Antway, cool song but it could be cooler.
Dude this song is where its at. I totally luv it deep deep in the depths of my heart. seriously though, it's pretty sweet. Peace, WOODnotes
I just loved it, man. That kind of self-confidence kicks ass.
Some live, some die. And the rest of us just keep fighting eachother.
it was funny at some points, but overall, i thought it was amateurish writing. i've seen songs like this before, too, and they're all alike. i didn't really like this..
tnx for getting to mine
o.k. xArCaDiAx
in some of my next pieces, i'll elevate my writing style
id like some input when i do so keep an eye out
thanx
Page 1 of 2