Hey all,

I was just looking for everyones advice on a new amplifier. What im basically looking for is something around 50watts (100w is an overkill for what i do) all tube head. I play everything from shred to blues and jazz so versitility is preferable as you may gather....

I have checked out a few:
Laney vh100 (it was too loud, to get the best sound via cranking it)
Laney GH50
Marshall TSL60
Mesa Boogie single rectifier (stretching budget)

I can get the Laney GH50L with matching quad for $2100 (AUD) brand new..... I want to play one, what do you guys think of these amps????

My budget can go to about $2500 AUD with quad.... I guess that would equate to something around $1900 American

thanks in advance
Last edited by sheumack111 at Jul 23, 2006,
i played my mates TSL100 and it was preety sweet..... Clean wasnt bad but not excellent...... What do you think about them?
I can tell you more as of Tuesday hopefully, I pick up my TSL601 then. I've never heard the TSL in person to be honest, I have heard a DSL 40W and loved it and the TSL combo was really cheap so I ordered online. From the stuff I did read about it, it's supposed to have more gain than previous Marshalls but less of that vintage Marshall crunch. I guess I'll know for sure soon.
Quote by treagar
I can tell you more as of Tuesday hopefully, I pick up my TSL601 then. I've never heard the TSL in person to be honest, I have heard a DSL 40W and loved it and the TSL combo was really cheap so I ordered online. From the stuff I did read about it, it's supposed to have more gain than previous Marshalls but less of that vintage Marshall crunch. I guess I'll know for sure soon.

Tut tut, Why didn't you play before you buy?

And threadstarter, go to a shop and play a load of valve heads and see what you think of them.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Tut tut, Why didn't you play before you buy?

And threadstarter, go to a shop and play a load of valve heads and see what you think of them.

Because it was really cheap for a new one like almost half RRP, same kinda price as a secondhand one would go for on ebay, plus has a 30 day return if not happy thing so it's pretty safe to say if I don't like it I wont lose anything, if I do then I get a good cheap amp.
^Makes sense!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
ive played a fair few, i loved the Laney, what do you think they are like? The shop is a registered dealer of Laneys, so that makes it easy for repairs..... WHat do you guys think??