I have a piece of **** amp that i hate and want to throw at my friggin english teachers head, so i really want a new one before i do. i have AT MOST $500 aussie dollers which is around $380US.
I like to play stuff from artists like Red hot chili peppers, sum41, dire straits, guns 'n roses, boxcar racer, modest mouse etc, so i like a range of genres i guess so ill need a versatile amp. Note: I HATE metal.
Ill only need it for playing in my room and it would be good if it was loud enough to be heard over a drumkit cause im gonna be in a band soon.

Any help would be appreciated.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Jul 23, 2006,
A new amp for playing what?

And I'm gonna suggest a Vox Valvetronix, great practice amps.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
id say a vox too, cant go wrong with those things
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
When I did some emailing for prices I found a Vox AD50VT for $570 delivered to Adelaide, I think it was at Turramurra Music in Melbourne. There's a guy on ebay selling new AD50VT's for a similar price too. If I were you I'd save a little more and get that, it's apparently worth the little extra on top of the AD30VT
I'm also gonna say get a used Blues Jr *cough*your other thread....*cough*
Don't be afraid to care"

yer, my other thread, only 2 amps got suggested there and while theyre good, i just want a broader opinion on new amps
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
i Recently Got a Fender FM 212R for About $560 Aus. from A small shop on the gold coast. The guy that owns the place always put the price down. It was Marked at $650 or something. Its a 100 watter with 2 inputs, 2 channels, a foot switch, Pre Out/Pwr out for multiple amps and some other small features. Its my pride and joy. so yeah thats my 2 cents.
i just found a fender fm212r for $550, and a fm65r for $430. Any thoughts?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
No.
Vox or used Blues Jr>>>>>>>>Fender FM.
Don't be afraid to care"

ide like a blues jr but all the ones ive found so far are like aud$900, i only have $500
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Are the used ones that much too?
Don't be afraid to care"

even after scanning every webpage i can think of (trading post, ebay, all knowing google) i havnt been able to find any used blues jrs
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
man this sux, ive had a look at some american websites and they are all selling fender blues jr for like $300!!!! (U.S. of course) but thats still ALOT cheaper than $900 aud. man, my country stinks.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
How much would shipping + stuff be from USA to Australia?
Don't be afraid to care"

sweet man, i got my dad to order the vox ad30vt, and he goes and buys the ad50vt and he'll pay the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 50 watts of valve power!!!!!!
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
^It's not a valve amp, it's hybrid (1 valve in the power amp section, doesn't make much of a diference), but they sound great anyway, congrats!
Don't be afraid to care"

yea congrats, and I think the 50 has the better speaker from what I've heard.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids