My Roland Cube 60, after last night seems to be destroyed.
I think it's burnt out.
At a party people were playing music and someone came up to me and told me my amp wasn't working and it was making a weird smell.
I went and inspected it and it was making a weird buzzing noise, no guitar noise would come through and it smelled strange so I immediatly unplugged it.
I really hope it's fixable.
If that happens to an amp can it be fixed? Or does it need to be replaced? And if it's fixable will it cost a lot?
This really sucks, I want my amp back...
Thanks in advance.
~J6hn
~ J6hn
ive never known an amp to buzz and smell weird and still work later.

my condolences.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
How old is it? If it is still under warranty then you should call Roland and have them fix it. You may be stuck without the amp for a few weeks, but you don't have an amp now anyways.
do u think someone spilled something on it?
sorry, hope its new enough to be under contract. otherwise see if u can get an estimate from a local shop.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Someone probably spilled something on/in it during the party. If it is still under warranty just act like you don'y know there might have been something spilled on it.
I've had that with my amp, turned it on for about half an hour, It smoked a bit, but then once the stuff that had gone in was dry the amp worked again like it should!
It's about 3-4 months old.
I don't think somoene spilled anything on it... methinks someone plugged a bass into it, but I'm not sure...
~ J6hn
The person who told me just discovered it broken, whoever did it decided to bugger off... Rightly so... the bastard.
~ J6hn
if it was a bass, u would have a speaker problem.
"smell," sounds a little like something was done to it.

hopefully then its just the speaker.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
This might sound weird, but smell the power lead. If the smell's lingered on there, that's your problem.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music