How does Tommy Emmanuel do those harmonic tapping things that he does, i think they sound briiliant but i don't get how he does it. Anybody know?
Gear:

Epi Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
Peavey Predator
Taylor 214
Takamine EG540SSC
Some no-name Classical

Peavey Valveking 212 Combo
Peavey Rage 158

Boss RC-50 Loop station
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
they just sound like natural harmonics so you put or finger over the metal fret of certain frets like the 12th and when you play it you can let go and it will resonate in a hih pitched way and he often ends songs but strumming slowly through natural harmonics at least I think they are natural harmonics they sound like them
Chuck Norris has two speeds, walk and kill
yeah i can do that, but his left hand is holding a chord and he taps the harmonic with his right hand and sometimes he does hammer-ons and pull-offs with his left hand
Gear:

Epi Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
Peavey Predator
Taylor 214
Takamine EG540SSC
Some no-name Classical

Peavey Valveking 212 Combo
Peavey Rage 158

Boss RC-50 Loop station
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
well if you tap on the fret then it will ring out at a harmonic so that must be it
Chuck Norris has two speeds, walk and kill
there are harmonics at the 5th, 7th and 12th fret in the open position. when you hold the second fret for example, the harmonics are at the 7th,9th and 14th fret. if you don´t have three hands, you will need to put your indexfinger of your right hand over the fret you want the harmonic to sound and play the string with one of your other fingers, like the thumb for example. i hope i am right with this, if not, correct me
yes that is correct

though you get a much louder and clearer harmonic if you use a thumbpick while doing it
Quote by OnePunchMickey
there are harmonics at the 5th, 7th and 12th fret in the open position. when you hold the second fret for example, the harmonics are at the 7th,9th and 14th fret. if you don´t have three hands, you will need to put your indexfinger of your right hand over the fret you want the harmonic to sound and play the string with one of your other fingers, like the thumb for example. i hope i am right with this, if not, correct me

That's how I do it, and that's how Tommy tells you to do it also. I can do it, but I need to practice it a lot more.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.