Use whatever you like and whatever feels good to you. Many people will say certain strings are the best but it is all preference.
Not saying they aren't any good, but I replaced a standard Fender E string with an Ernie Ball Super Slinky and haven't been able to slap since.
IMO the Dr Lo-riders are absolutely awesome strings for slapping... Although I admit my experience is REALLY limited.

I think I'll move this over to Bass guitar for you since you'll probably get a better response there.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
I've found nickel plated strings give the best sound for slapping..

Labella Slappers are good
Last edited by Applehead at Jul 23, 2006,
GHS Bass Boomers
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
^really?

I find that nickel (plated) strings die after playing for like 4 days...then they sound like dead flatwounds (I.E horribly dull, but then again so are fresh flatwounds, imo)...thats just me though, I think steel is the way to go...then again I'm not a frequent slapper..
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Fender 7250's on my Jazz have been working nicely too (40 Gauge). Still can play toneful finger-bass too.

What have people experienced with Bass Boomers and Elixirs?
RHCP Fanatic! Fish Bass
DR Hi-Beams or Low-Riders are great. They last a really long time, though they do take a little bit of time to break in...

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by power freak
IMO the Dr Lo-riders are absolutely awesome strings for slapping... Although I admit my experience is REALLY limited.

I think I'll move this over to Bass guitar for you since you'll probably get a better response there.

deffinitly i love my dl lo-riders
My D'Addarios on my Cort are pretty nice for slap.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i play the same strings as you, and i slap insanly sometimes, haha, yah i think there good
They're good for slapping, if you have the budget to keep on belting out moolah for new strings. O.o Given, they're cheap, but, eh...nickel...

I have them on my six string at the moment, and, although they aren't as brilliant as they used to be, I guess they're acceptable for the time being, because they have just enough brilliance for a slap tone (and they've been on since April). I was looking for a stainless steel six string set, but they didn't have one, and I'm kind of glad, because even if they had one, it would've been bloody expensive. O.o
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
Any DR strings, I love DR Black Beauties, my dad has one on his old Fender fretless P&J bass (eboney fingerboard, don't worry), and I have them on my Vantage, they kick ass.
Quote by MustangMan311
Not saying they aren't any good, but I replaced a standard Fender E string with an Ernie Ball Super Slinky and haven't been able to slap since.

you haven't been able to slap? uhm ok... your right changing one strign will completely F*ck up your entire technique on slapping..... i am using GHS boomers atthe moment... not sure wha tia m getting next... might try DR hibeams
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
a heavier guage gives better tone , but is harder to play. a lighter gauge is easy to play and fine for slapping. i use a 45 atm on my ibanez EBD-400. thinking bout changing the gauge could anyone recomend a good brand for 45.'s

I AM A n00b
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by power freak

I agree, I like Lo-Riders too...which reminds me, I need to change my strings...grrr.
Springtime.