Hey, I have a question, are all the other Fender Telecasters made in Mexico? And are the only MIA ones the ones labelled under American? Thank in advance.
There are Mexican tele's, American tele's, Korean tele's and Japaneses tele's. I think they discontinued the Japanese line though because they sold too well and were eating sales from the American line as the Japanese quality was better.
^ yeah, stop selling the stuff that gets you money. dumbasses.

yes, some are mexican, some are american. different quality.
I think you misunderstand why they discontinued most if not all of the Japanese lines. The quality of these guitars was fantastic, easily on a par with the American models and they were significantly cheaper as well, so Fender made a move to protect its business in the U.S. This meant that as the Japanese option wasn't readily available anymore, they were no longer losing sales on the American line and thus made more money as a result. That's basically it.

The Korean Fender's are a mystery to me however.
My question is are the only MIA ones the ones that are marked under American? Like American Standard, American Vintage, American Deluxe. Do you know where the classics are made in?
Fender Japan still exists, and a handful of the Japanese guitars occasionally make it to the US. If you happen across one, I suggest snatching it up.
I don't think Fender ever had guitars made in Korea.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Quote by hoobariffer87
Fender Japan still exists, and a handful of the Japanese guitars occasionally make it to the US. If you happen across one, I suggest snatching it up.
I don't think Fender ever had guitars made in Korea.

Most of the Special Edition models are built in Korea.

Various models are built all over the world.

For the most part the mid to very high end models are built in the U.S.A. American, American Deluxe, American Special, American Vintage, Custom Classic, Time Machine, Custom Artist, Custom Special Edition and somewhat, the Highway One series. Certain Artist models are built in the U.S.A as well but not all.

The "lower end" models such as the Standard, Classic, Deluxe and certain Artist models are built in Mexico.

Various Special Edition models are built in Korea using U.S.A built parts. One of the more popular being the Lite Ash series of Stratocasters and Telecasters.

Japanese models are still built primarily for the Japan market however certain models are sold throughout the world. These are mainly off set shapes such as the Mustang (69 and 65 ri are shipped from Japan), Jaguar, Jazzmaster etc. However not every off set is Japanese.
Japan factory still builds various models but as stated previous they are built only for the Japanese market and are often hard to find elsewhere.

Low end Fender acoustics are built in China.