before i changed my strings on my epiphone les paul, the action was so low and it was beautiful. When i changed my strings and did a cleaning, they buzzed like crazy and i can't figure it out. I've had to raise my action uncomfortably high and it the lower strings still buzz sometimes on open notes and almost always on fretted notes (everywhere on the frets)

i've checked my neck and it doesn't appear to be warped in any way and I'm just puzzled. Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong?
Are the strings a smaller gauge...if so they won't be pulling the head up as far as your other ones.......
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
Quote by thepower
Are the strings a smaller gauge...if so they won't be pulling the head up as far as your other ones.......

nope the strings are the same gauge as i had on before--Ernie Ball super slinky 9 11 16 24 32 42
If the strings are new they might need to stretch a bit first but I can't imagine that would make such a big difference. Maybe the chancing itself has altered the shape of the neck a bit with this hot weather. In that case you need to check the neck by pressing a string on both the 12th and the first frett and look how far it is from the 8th frett. As far as I remember it needs to me about 0.3 millimeter above it. (not sure about that though but if the neck is warped you micht not just see it by simply looking at it.)
Quote by ILoveHarmonics
If the strings are new they might need to stretch a bit first but I can't imagine that would make such a big difference. Maybe the chancing itself has altered the shape of the neck a bit with this hot weather. In that case you need to check the neck by pressing a string on both the 12th and the first frett and look how far it is from the 8th frett. As far as I remember it needs to me about 0.3 millimeter above it. (not sure about that though but if the neck is warped you micht not just see it by simply looking at it.)

to the best of my eyesight it is 1.5 mm above... which would only help stop fret buzzing not hurt it....
Well it could be buzzing because that might mean above the higher fretts the strings are on the normall height while your lower fretts lie to deep. A bigger distance means a more concave shaped neck hence higher action on the lower fretts when you have no frett buzz. Damn hard to explain but what you said is visa versa.
Quote by ILoveHarmonics
Well it could be buzzing because that might mean above the higher fretts the strings are on the normall height while your lower fretts lie to deep. A bigger distance means a more concave shaped neck hence higher action on the lower fretts when you have no frett buzz. Damn hard to explain but what you said is visa versa.

i think i see what you're saying. Since there is more distance in the middle fretts, that means there is a shorter distance at the lower fretss. is this right?