Hi all,

Next month i'll have enough money to but an Epipihone LP, and for ages now iv been smitten for a BlackBeauty, but now im having second thoughts and iv looking at the Custom Chrome.

BlackBeauty : http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=862
Custom Chrome: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=68671

the thing is the site doesnt give you much info on the 2nd model. I presume its exactly the same as a normal custom but with chrome?

Anyway i dont know what to do, i really like the BB but also find the other very attractive. Which one is better is terms of preformance and sound and which one would you get?

thanks
chrome
Strange beautiful grass of green,
With your majestic silver seas
Your mysterious mountains I wish to see closer
May I land my kinky machine
Better pics on the Epiphone site:

Black Beauty 3

LP Custom

I would personally go with the BB. The custom doesn't seem like much more than your standard LP, one of which I already own. If you can afford a BB, I say, by all means, get a BB.
ya i would say the bb. the chrome just means the hardware is chrome. its basically aesthetic(for looks) the bb looks way better. its like a custom with 3pu's.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
They are essentially the same guitar.
If you think you'll really make use of the middle pickup on the Black beauty, buy that one. If not and you prefer the look of the other one, buy the normal Custom/Chrome Custom.
the thing is the BB has a maple top and the custom is solid mahogany, will the maple top have any affect on the tone?
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
the thing is the BB has a maple top and the custom is solid mahogany, will the maple top have any affect on the tone?

Neither of them have different top woods. they are both a sandwhich of alder and mahogany.
I just bought an epi BB. get it from reidys.co.uk its on sale there.

Its a really nice guitar with lots of versatility, however, the entire electronics really let it down. I bought mine knowing this and in about a year or so i plan to cut the electronics and have all new pups and new switching system.