I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to post this, but I couldn't really see anywhere else apart from the Electirc Guitar forum. Apologies if I've placed this wrongly

Ever since I bought my Cruiser Crafter RX700 electric guitar, the jack plug's never been able to stay inside the jack socket. I'm not sure whether it's standard of this particular make of guitars (although I don't see why it should be...and my other, older electric guitar doesn't have this problem) or if it's just a fault with mine. I bought it brand new, so it's not been misused or badly repaired or anything.

My question is, does anyone know what sort of jack socket I should be buying? I've had a browse but I can't find any that seem to match, although the barrel type are the closest I've found. Can I just use any barrel jack socket or must I buy the exact same type as is already on my guitar? Also, about how hard/risky is it to replace a jack socket, as I've never done any repair/replacement work like this on my guitar before. There's a post like this a little below mine, but I'm not sure if it's the same problem...mine doesn't seem to have metal grippers on either side inside the socket, yet my older guitar does.

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I really don't know the first thing about jack sockets
Last edited by Bodoms.Child at Jul 23, 2006,
I have a Cruiser Bass and I have noticed the jack socket becoming loose but Ive never had the lead fall out. Perhaps you should tighten it a bit.

If it keeps playing up go to www.wdmusic.co.uk and order one thats similar. It should just fit perfectly .

All you'll have to do is unscrew the jack plate and use a soldering iron to desolder the wires connecting to the jack input.

You should have a warrenty on it if you bought it new so I would just send it back to the shop and tell them what's wrong.
Last edited by Jonnomainman at Jul 23, 2006,
Aaah awesome, thank you! I'll unscrew everything and see if I can fix anything....if not, that site seems great.

Thanks a lot!
If it's in a jack plate, then it's probably not a "barrel" type of jack, in which case you can probably bend the piece that holds it in. If it is a "barrel" type, you can buy a new one for a few bucks.