hey. Schecter are releasing the A7X customs later this year, and im going to get the Vengeance Standard (the Syn Custom's too expensive and the Syn standard has a sh*tty licensed trem') and i want to replace the pickups to what Zacky uses.
i just wanted to know which are better? SH-4 (set) or the SH-8 Invaders (set)????
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Depends on what kinda sound your going for.

Personally, I prefer the invaders, as in my opinion there some of the most versatile passive pick-ups.

But, I'm more of a Zacky fan

Depends really, you should go into a guitar store and play guitars with each set in them and then decide what one you like the sound of best.
Zacky's white sig. has invaders but his Custom (red) one has SH4s
i was thinking Invaders but ive heard bad things about them

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
It doesn't matter what pickups you get, you're not going to sound anything like them or for that matter, any good at all, with that amp.
I loved the way they work on thier guitar lines.Syn has great sound..zacky too but the way syn lines his solo are just great..anyone knows his method or scales??oh yes..GET the syn!
Quote by Slash_Epiphone
I loved the way they work on thier guitar lines.Syn has great sound..zacky too but the way syn lines his solo are just great..anyone knows his method or scales??oh yes..GET the syn!

It's just a load of chromatics that pass through scales played fast and sloppily.
cody...i have not heard one song on their album's that the solo is messed up/ sloppy..
R.I.P. DIMEBAG Put this in your sig to keep DIMEBAG's memory alive

Silvertone Revolver guitar
B.C. Rich Warlock Deluxe Series
Dixon Acoustic
Silvertone Smart III Electric Guitar Amp
Guess what happens in the mixing stage of an album? And yes, they play the same thing about a billion times in the studio to find that one perfect run through, so that's also a factor.

Check some live footage of them playing and that 'Synyster Gates' is sloppy even when playing with a damned wristband as a string dampener to cut unwanted noise.
true about live...i dont know ANYTHING bout recording..so my bad...i still like his solo's tho
R.I.P. DIMEBAG Put this in your sig to keep DIMEBAG's memory alive

Silvertone Revolver guitar
B.C. Rich Warlock Deluxe Series
Dixon Acoustic
Silvertone Smart III Electric Guitar Amp
Quote by codybcool
Guess what happens in the mixing stage of an album? And yes, they play the same thing about a billion times in the studio to find that one perfect run through, so that's also a factor.

Check some live footage of them playing and that 'Synyster Gates' is sloppy even when playing with a damned wristband as a string dampener to cut unwanted noise.

I Dont see you in a band worth millions playing to thousands of people.......When you do u can critise him Untill then ur opinion of him is unjust cus he could probably kick ur ass all over the stage
Ashley Simpson is in a band worth millions playing in front of thousands. So was Britney Spears and so is Simple Plan. Whats your point? They can still suck even if a bunch of kids pay to watch them suck on a stage.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
hes still better than u sucking at it then aint he. If ur better go do better. just cus u might be a bit sloppy live dont mean u cant come up with gud tunes
I wanna get the Vengeance standard. Zacky has so much more stage presence than Syn.

And yeah, they are sloppy, but they still put on a good show.
Quote by treflip

And yeah, they are sloppy, but they still put on a good show.

Which is all that matters if you like them.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by Maddy!
I Dont see you in a band worth millions playing to thousands of people.......When you do u can critise him Untill then ur opinion of him is unjust cus he could probably kick ur ass all over the stage

How about you shut the **** up. The only reason he's playing to huge crowds is because his dad is a well known musician with a good reputation and the guy is jumping all the hoops for the music industry with his image, music, etc.

Also, why would i be on his stage for him to kick my arse? He wouldn't be able to outplay me even if i was. There's always some dumb**** like you to say "OMGZZ U PL@Y 2 1000234430052 p33pZ @n tH3n c0mm3n7". This is the internet pal, i'll say whatever the hell i want about whoever.

And as a side note, bear in mind i just said he was sloppy, which he unquestionably is, so there's no need for some fanboy like you to get all jumpy.
I didnt get jumpy I just pointed out that he may be a little sloppy live but it still dont get away from the fact hes a good guitarist doing much better than you could ever dream of doing. Baring in mind you talk like a 12 year old I expect he would wipe the floor with you without breaking a sweat. But anywayz we'll leave it as this hes a gud guitarist end of no need to slate him. yeh the guitar is gud get invaders there much hotter giver a bigger tone. Metallica used them for the whole of the master of puppets album so I think there up to the job
Why would you want to sound like them? They sound like garbage, just like most modern bands. If anything, get your own sound.

The only reason why they're getting signature guitars is clearly because they want the money, and Schecter knows there's enough kids like you out there to waste your money for a guitar with his name on it.

And Maddy, I love how your trying to argue here, yet you cant even take the time to use correct grammar.
^^

IMO you should save for a new amp threadstarter, don't bother with new pickups when the sound still isn't going to be that good. You'll be more pleased in the long run.
save for a new amp AND the syn custom
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
I recomend schecters but make sure you're not just getting it because it has some image *****s name on it.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Why would you want to sound like them? They sound like garbage, just like most modern bands. If anything, get your own sound.

The only reason why they're getting signature guitars is clearly because they want the money, and Schecter knows there's enough kids like you out there to waste your money for a guitar with his name on it.

And Maddy, I love how your trying to argue here, yet you cant even take the time to use correct grammar.

haha I love kiddies that can't agrue because they know your right so they have to pull apart how you write on the internet. Congrates have a free Encore Stratocaster.
If you want a Vengence Custom to switch out the pickups, then why not just buy an S-1? The only difference (other than pickups) is that the Vengence has a 6661 inlay at the 12th fret and an ugly 6661 label across the body. The S-1 costs $500 and the Vengence S-1 costs $700, so you could take the $200 you save and buy your pickups.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender MIM Strat (soon to be hotrodded)
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by Maddy!
haha I love kiddies that can't agrue because they know your right so they have to pull apart how you write on the internet. Congrates have a free Encore Stratocaster.

Umm...HOW was he not arguing? All of his points were valid. You were just repeating the same thing over and over again. And I bet you anything you'll still be at home crying, wishing you could play Avenged Sevenfold music when this guy is up onstage playing with bands like Dragonforce. He's right, Avenged Sevenfold is sloppy onstage, and you were right, they do make good music recording, but if you can't play your own music correctly onstage, how does that make you look?

Trying to bring this back on subject, I like the Vengeance Standard. Pretty good guitar, while the Vengeance Custom isn't worth the extra bucks.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
I'd choose the invaders - the SH-4 will be too trebly for the sound you're going for.

They don't play sloppy - alot of critics here seem to judge them on a single video clip posted numerous times and neglected to watch any other clips of their playing.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
UGh, i hate invaders with a passion. They sound to sterile, when playing with distortion i get no bass at all, even when palying the Low B. I have the 7 string invader, and have regretted installing it ever since i...welll...installed it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
OK i agree with Cody and WyldeGibson on this. I like Aveneged Sevenfold they arent that bad and in about ten years they could be a really good band. But Syn is a very sloppy player. He is a good player for his age but the greats were much better players when they were his age, Hammett, Mustaine, Dime, Van Halen, etc.. when they were Syns age they were much better than he is now. You just have to face that im sorry if i hurt your little fanboy ego.

To the Thread starter. Whatever you do get the customs the standards dont seem to great. If you get Syns change the pickups because Invaders Blow the reason he even gets mediocre tone is because hes playing through a boutique amp. i suggest the Seymour Duncan Jb in the Bridge and Jazz or 59 in the neck.

To the guy who said metallica used Invaders on MoP your retarded. James used Invaders but he used the old ones from the 70s when they were really good pickups now they are just over coiled crap. At the time MoP was recorded Kirk had Allready Switched to EMGs James Switched Shortly after it came out. so it just proves your a dumbass noob who just needs to SHUT THE FU CK UP and realize when you know nothing
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by codybcool
^

I couldn't stand the invader i recently tried, it was far too high output

Not even that the invader just sux balls if i wanted mud for tone i would get a crappy amp and save myself the trouble of installing pickups
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Maddy!

Let's hope he smashes you round the head with it

Has anyone got pictures of the guitars? I didn't know about them.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Walkthenight
Depends on what kinda sound your going for.

Personally, I prefer the invaders, as in my opinion there some of the most versatile passive pick-ups.

Invaders? Versatile?

What the fuck are you thinking?
Quote by timi_hendrix
Let's hope he smashes you round the head with it

Has anyone got pictures of the guitars? I didn't know about them.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397050

This thread is about the new schecter line-up - it includes the A7X signature series.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by JtoTHAizzosh
If you want a Vengence Custom to switch out the pickups, then why not just buy an S-1? The only difference (other than pickups) is that the Vengence has a 6661 inlay at the 12th fret and an ugly 6661 label across the body. The S-1 costs $500 and the Vengence S-1 costs $700, so you could take the $200 you save and buy your pickups.

no i want the Vengeance STANDARD, not Custom
i cant afford the Custom one

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
honestly if youre gonna buy a zacky custom, just buy the regular S1 STC, that is the actual guitar he uses and switch the pups, he doesnt even use the sig hardly at all, he just uses the regular s1 and occasionally the elite, seriously the vengeance custom is around a 50 dollar waste, thats what you would save if you bought the regular s1 and put to jbs in it
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
i love A7X, but i think there tone is horrible
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG320FM
Jackson JS30

Amps:
Marshall MG Stack
Line 6 Flextone II

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Quote by codybcool
Yeah i guess Bogner Uberschall's do sound pretty awful

i hope to god you were being sarcastic....why are there such idiot fanboys that thknk syn is a god...i mean, syn is one of my favorite guitarists, because of the stuff he writes, but hes no god when it comes to playing, hes pretty good, but no god..and to whoever mentioned his dad, syns dad has said many times how his son has surpassed him in playing..but anyway as for pickups, get a JB/59 combo..thats what zacky uses most of the time
Go get your shovel.