i have an ibanez rhodes style V, but it has a 22 fret neck, i want to put a 24 fret neck on it but ive been told that intonation will be screwed up, why is this true, if so why?thanx
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Ibanez Rhodes style V? Say what? Ibanez has a V, but it isn't a Rhodes style. Eh, whatever. Theoretically, I suppose you could put a 24 fret neck on it. You would have to adjust the intonation afterwards, but I'm fairly sure it's possible.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
i said randy rhodes style, its from around 1985, the style is the top part of the V is longer than the bottom and referred to as rhodes style, but the model code is PR1660
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
how would i adjust the intonation?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
anyone?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
This is what intonation is. It is making sure that every note plays what it is suposed to. And it is based on scale lenght. Basicly the neck will be longer and all the notes will be in the wrong place.

You have 2 options. Either get an over hanging fretboard (The fretboard extends passed the neck hell, to rest on the body) Or comission someone to make a specialty neck that will increase the scale lenght and not TOTALLY mess your intonation.