I've recently decided to use an old guitar of mine as a geuinea-pig guitar, but first i want to dumb it down to make room for trying different things (led's, killswitches, etc.). Right now it has a hss setup with one volume control and one tone control and a five way strat-style switch. I want to convert it so it only has one pickup, the humbucker. What would be that absolute easiest way to do this, with as little soldering as possible? It has a pickguard, which i will have to change, so i won't need to fill anything in. I would like it to just have the pickup and a volume control, if possible.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
all you gotta do is rip out the single coils or if ya really want the easiest way possible just take the selector switch unscrew it and let it drop into the body of the guitar then you can't change pick-ups unless you undo the whole pick guard and as for the tone switch you could do the same thing or just not use it but you'd have to complete the circle if you took the tone knob completely out it just depends how you wanna go about it cuz i had ripped the single coils outta my jackson and dropped the selector switch into the body it was real simple
does anybody know where to find schematics for a guitar with only one pickup (a humbucker)?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
www.seymourduncan.com have schematics.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310