I've owned my ESP Explorer for about 2 months now and I still have trouble sitting down and playing with it, I just can't find a comfortable position to play it, I have trouble reaching the first 2 frets on it, I mean I reach them, but I have building a note on them, and I feel like I move the guitar further back on my lap, that the neck rises up and it feels like the guitar's going to slide off my leg, I don't have this problem with my G&L, only with the explorer, and I perfer to sit and play not stand. Does anyone else have this problem or had to adjust when playing their explorer?
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
explorers arent supposed to be played sitting!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
ya i had the same problem with my beast the trick is to angle the guitar away...if u dont kno what i mean...sit down with the guitar, spread ur legs to a comfortable point and put the guitar on ur leg so that ur thigh is in the crook of the guitar, then angle the guitar so the neck is parralel to ur left leg...or u can just goof around until u find something thats how i figured that out
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Quote by rockyoursockson
^yea explorers and flying vs are made for looks

You probably don't know how to sit down with a flying v (assuming it isn't a randy rhoads model).
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
Ive never had any trouble sitting down and playing with my Hamer Standard.
I thought the explorer wouldn't be so bad while sitting, I don't want to get rid of it because I love the way it sounds, but I just can't get a spot to play comfortably. Hopefully I will find the right position.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
I would just stand up. I'm not always happy with the shape, especially sitting down. But then again, that's the tradeoff for looking cool.

Note: Not that I was trying to look cool when I got my explorer. 1980 Gibson Explorer in natural finish, SSH setup with coiltaps? I fell in love at first sight. Ah yes, sitting in that storage closet in the middle of nowhere, I was searching through heaps of guitars and basses... and then, I saw an unusally long case... I opened it and-

Whoops. Overdid it a bit, there. Sorry.
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
i found that using something to put under my foot on the leg that the guitar is resting on helped out a lot... and if u wanna sell me let me know!!!
ESP Explorer Custom Shop
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Marshall 1960 A cab
Engl Powerball
Genz Benz G-flex
Washburn Dime 3 custom shop..wanna buy it??