I've Been playing guitar for 7 months and have recently started writing songs and everything i seem to write sounds either completely rubbish or unoriginal is there anyone out there with tips on songwriting and skills i should practise to help with it. If you can Please respond
try creating a song thats a combination of styles of diff bands
n throw in various techniques as necessary
essentially, work with what you think sounds good
=MAY THE HAND OF GOD STRIKE THEM DOWN=

+Rip Dimebag+

Gear:

Ibanez RG170
Epiphone SG Standard G400
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Boss Metal Zone MT2
Boss V-WAH
Digitech Whammy
Spider Line 6 II 30W
Well for lyrics: Maybe you aren't inspired enough. Get out into the world and inhale it's beauty and evil. Maybe read something new? An article in the paper perhaps? Good writing comes with practice too, so the more you write, the better. Just keep at it.

Same goes with the actualy music. Maybe listen to a new band or genre you never really seemed interested in. Most things nowadays aren't too original. Most things now are just a mix of different influences. And, as with writing, the more you do it, the better you will be.

-KR
a great inspiration for me was to start listening to instrumental rock i.e. Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Eric Johnson (yes, it looks like a huge G3)...anywho, once i started i was hooked...especially Satch because he can write a song that makes you feel whatever the song is about...for example, Summer Song actually makes you feel like the beginning of summer...he does it so perfectly, it's very inspirational to me, especially when it comes to songwriting
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.