hey i'm looking for some new pickups for my schecter 006 deluxe. I played a schecter c1 classic with vine of life inlays... and the guy at the store told me it used a JB SH-4 and JB SH2n. He told me they would be great for my guitar and were the best you can buy.. But all they had was nickel plated and they would look like **** on my guitar.

SO my question is.. SHould i buy the JB's or some EMG's. I like the EMG because of the black plates.
the look shouldnt matter...
but still id say get the JB's but thats only because i boycott EMG's
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I would say go for the SD. Don't buy a pickup because it looks better, but it because of the sound. If people bought all gear just because it looked better, everyone would own Marshall MG's because they have the Marshall name and its a marshall stack.
if u do get emg's coose em wisely. i've got 60/81 and it sounds awesome, really organic cleans and searing metal - but emgs aren't really versatile because of their inbuilt preamps and just generally their construction, so an 81 will only do distortion and will do a really poor clean, and a 60 will do a nice clean but fares bad under extreme distortion.
Quote by suicidalmoose
if u do get emg's coose em wisely. i've got 60/81 and it sounds awesome, really organic cleans and searing metal - but emgs aren't really versatile because of their inbuilt preamps and just generally their construction, so an 81 will only do distortion and will do a really poor clean, and a 60 will do a nice clean but fares bad under extreme distortion.

thats why i like the EMG 81 and 89 combo. great distortion awesome clean tones
EMG

hands down.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
what type of music do you play, what amp, etc. we need info
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Well no i'm not only looking at EMG's because of the look.. That's why i'm asking how they sound as apposed to JB's. And for the music I play. I play a lot of punk, metal (metallica), and some indie/emo.

I'm using a Fender 15G and 25R. THey sound ok just practicing in the house. I played on a Spider II head with a Line 6 412S cabinet at guitar center and it sounded great.
i like the seymour duncan jb better by the way an sh2 isnt a jb its a jazz, the emg is way to noisy to me compared to the clarity of the sd jb, i also get better pinch harmonics off the jb also
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
You could always take of the pickup cover if you don't like the looks, haven't tried this myself, but I know it can be a little bitchy, still an option.
well...i hate the JB

but i play melodic death metal.....

i perfer EMGS over many SD's
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3