i've been having a really hard time mastering pull-offs , i've been teaching myself and just can't get the right sound. i've been trying to learn "over the hills and far away" and all the tab for it has those pull offs( you know which ones) and i can't get that crisp sound jimmy gets , mine end up sounding muttled and not distinct. i've beed tryinr to learn the intro to "crazy on you" aswell and have run into the same problem. instead of disticnt notes they kind of mush together and fade into one another , hard to explain, i guess i'm not using the proper lingo. any help would be so awesome. thanks.
when u pull of don't just pull straight up

pull down a little to get more sound out of it
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
you should ha ve a look at the lessons section...
there are some legato lessons
just practie your pull-offs with the metronome...might also ne helpful
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
pull offs are meant to smooth the transition off notes... but make sure when you pull off you do a plucking motion and make sure the note you are pulling off to is fretted completely
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
so should the note i'm pulling off to be fretted in advance or should i just pick them individually?
it should be fretted in advance
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Fretted in advance to get a smoother sound. The other finger that is pulling off must make a downward (don't know if is the right word) movement like plucking the string.
Quote by latinosuperstud
pull offs are meant to smooth the transition off notes... but make sure when you pull off you do a plucking motion and make sure the note you are pulling off to is fretted completely

That explains a lot. I'm just a beginner, but I didn't know you had to make sure the note was fretted completely. I guess that's why it sounds bad every time I try to play stuff. Thanks dude.