Hey I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but when I picked up my guitar and plugged it in to play, I couldn't hear anything. I made sure that the volume was up on everything and even with my amp up the whole way, the sound was extremely quiet and muddy. Does anyone know what is causing this?
Quote by Diversity
i used to wish that i had a bigger penis but sh*t out of luck so far. i guess 3 inches isn't that bad.

bad pickup soldering or the input jack? might need to bend the input jack forward to meet the cable better but to be honest i dont know just a thought
I tightened the input jack but that probably made it worse if something is lose
Quote by Diversity
i used to wish that i had a bigger penis but sh*t out of luck so far. i guess 3 inches isn't that bad.

Do you have a Marshall MG?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Nope, but I have an equally as bad, or probably even worse amp known as the G-DEC
Quote by Diversity

Quote by Zackazz
Nope, but I have an equally as bad, or probably even worse amp known as the G-DEC

g-dec is much better than the mg. mg = the g-dec is a good practice amp, great for writing riffs, i wish i had one
Okay well my MG does this too, and the way I fix it is loosen the jack all the way, put a piece of cardboard or something behind the fastener and tighten it up. The problem with my amp is that the jack isnt connect but if it gets wiggled it might connect briefly. The point of the cardboard or pick or whatever is to hold it at the proper spot when and if you find it. Thats how I fix it at least, as far as I know your problem could be completely different.

Also, this solution is very half-assed, if you want to actually fix it you should take the amp appart and see if anything needs to be re-soldered.

And I'm pretty sure your amp is better than an mg, and I'm willing to bet it was cheaper, too.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Are you sure its my amp though? Because when I have the cable plugged into my amp and I hit the other end it makes noise (not sure if this proves anything) but when I plug it into my guitar, theres no noise at all.
Quote by Diversity

Okay this might be stupid but, is your volume knob on your guitar at 0?
I guess it could be your guitar, in which case I can't help you and you might have to bring it in.

Also, it could be your patch cord. Do you have a dog or cat that likes to gnaw on stuff? I sure do and it wrecked my cord. Just a thought.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
lol Nope the volume knob is the whole way up. And I do have a dog put the cable doesnt have any marks on it or anything. The amp keeps making weird noises every now and then so it might be my amp.
Quote by Diversity

Okay well my only other idea is to hit it and kick it and yell at it and make it feel bade about itself. That sometimes makes my MG work, but it probably isnt very constructive. If dicking around with the input jack doesnt help and you arent savy enough to open it up and solder it (which I am not) then you might have to bring it in. If you bought the amp recently the guys might take a look at it for free, maybe.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Yeah I guess I'll take it in to get it looked at. I guess its time for an upgrade anyway
Quote by Diversity