so i'm about to be getting a fourth pedal for my rig and frankly, i'm getting sick of pedals all over the floor and i have come the the conclusion that i need a pedalboard...and since i am cheap yet constructive, i want to make it myself...i'm looking for people with homemade pedalboards to give me tips on how to make a pedalboard where i can easy put on/take off pedals
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Look in my sig, that's my build.

Basically all I did was not plan anything, steal some wood, saw it to shape, sand it, varnish it, make the upper tier (wood glue and nails to attatch it) and then buy velcro and put it on the board and on the bottom of my pedals.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Im thinking of making a pedalboard myself. Do a search on pedalboards on this site and you'll find loads. The most common way around here to stick them on is with velcro. You can get heavy duty stuff on ebay etc. Sorry i cant tell you first hand how it is.
velcro? will that really hold?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
^You'd be surprised.
Don't be afraid to care"

okay...think i could get some velcro at home depot?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Yup! It's really easy to find.

Make sure you get quite a lot of it though, like a roll.
Don't be afraid to care"

Yeah ive heard guys saying they can throw it down stairs and turn it upside down and it wont come off. Its alot stronger than the velcro you get on kid's shoes lol, its heavy duty stuff. And its not too sore on the wallet. Go on ebay.
^Yea I got my velcro for about £1.30 and I've still got some left ( I used a lot)

Actually, that was about the only cost for my pedalboard...
Don't be afraid to care"

okay...thanks a lot guys...i'll start next weekend if i can find time...i just ordered a new ibanez cf7 chorus pedal, so that'll be my fourth pedal and i really don't want to set up 4 pedals 3 or 4 days a week at practice....
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
definately will...the hard part will be getting my dad not to look at me funny...he's a real square and doesn't understand why i need new gear [what's wrong with your epiphone sg special?]
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
damn...that's nice...but i wanna do something really cheap, and sturdy, but i don't want to spend a lot of money on it
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
just a quick note, hope its not too late. If you are going to use velcro make sure you use industrial grade velcro. It holds pedals 1000000 times better.
I don't do drugs. Music is my high.
I used about 2x 8 or 9 cm pieces (next to eachother) for my Boss pedals, the other ones I used more on.
Don't be afraid to care"

You can do it Zakk Wylde style and Bolt the pedals to the Board
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by dimebag_love
so i'm about to be getting a fourth pedal for my rig and frankly, i'm getting sick of pedals all over the floor and i have come the the conclusion that i need a pedalboard...and since i am cheap yet constructive, i want to make it myself...i'm looking for people with homemade pedalboards to give me tips on how to make a pedalboard where i can easy put on/take off pedals

Plywood
screws
paint
saw.

thats all you ll need for a great board like mine.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/moody07747/Completed%20Projects/Pedal%20Board/

i have been busy so i have not made the top for it yet....it will pop on top and latch in place with some orange store hardware

but im in no rush as i don't take my board anywhere but move it a foot or two in the studio/basement
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 24, 2006,
Quote by dimebag_love
velcro? will that really hold?

lol yea that holds too well

from http://www.mcmaster.com/ i got the weakest velcro they make/sell and i had to try them off with a screw driver the first time because i put it on the entire underside of the pedal thinking it would not hold.

now i use a 1/2" square of velcro on the pedal and the board has the fuzzy side glued down and then stapled down so it does not come up.......again
Pedals are expensive, im saving up to pay £44 a month for a les paul. I'll post pics in october/september time when i have my full setup but, what should i look into for my board? So far im saving for these, J.Dunlop cry baby, Boss CS-2, Boss DD-6, Big Muff original, DC power bank OR Dunlop powerbrick. And having a tiered pedal board.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Quote by W4T3V3R
Pedals are expensive, im saving up to pay £44 a month for a les paul. I'll post pics in october/september time when i have my full setup but, what should i look into for my board? So far im saving for these, J.Dunlop cry baby, Boss CS-2, Boss DD-6, Big Muff original, DC power bank OR Dunlop powerbrick. And having a tiered pedal board.

well, what kind of music are you playing?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by moody07747
Plywood
screws
paint
saw.

thats all you ll need for a great board like mine.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/moody07747/Completed%20Projects/Pedal%20Board/

i have been busy so i have not made the top for it yet....it will pop on top and latch in place with some orange store hardware

but im in no rush as i don't take my board anywhere but move it a foot or two in the studio/basement

damn...your board's hella nice...how much did it cost to make?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love
damn...your board's hella nice...how much did it cost to make?

thanks

lets see, about $13 for the plywood at the orange store, $7 for 2 locks, and the velcro sheeting...$20

so about $40 but well worth it.
im also waiting on some electronic parts to finish the power supply i have mounted in there.

paints and screws were allready in my shop...so i didnt put those in the price
i think i'm gonna do like yours except no paint...although i do have a little black paint from when i painted my room...i think i'll get my dad to help me because he's pretty good with **** like that
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac