He better...
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I hate how hes not in there yet...

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
eminem......ok this is rock hall of fame right

not Hall of Crap
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
Quote by IrishBlues
I hate how hes not in there yet...

I don't think artist can be inducted until 25 years after their first record.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I thought he was alreay in there.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Yeah, you cant even have the chance to be inducted, let alone actually get in, until 25 years have pasted since your first release.

And Texas Flood was released nationally in 1983.
2006-1983 = 23 years.
2007-1983 = 24 years.
2008-1983 = 25 years.

Metallica will for sure get in that year, hopefully Stevie will too. Even if your not a blues fan, chances are you know who Stevie is nonetheless.

What angers me the most about this whole Hall of Fame garbage is how Rush have been eligible since fucking 1998, and are still not in.
Fucking Hall of Fame music snobs.
Last edited by WyldeGibsonPlyr at Jul 23, 2006,
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
What angers me the most about this whole Hall of Fame garbage is how Rush have been eligible since fucking 1998, and are still not in.
Fucking Hall of Fame music snobs.

B.T.O.'s been eligable since '96. The Guess Who have been eligable since 1990. The James Gang's been eligable since '94 and Joe for his solo career since '97. Lou Reed for his solo career has been eligable since '96. The Jeff Beck Group since '93, J.J. Cale since '95 and The Beatles since '86! Rush is by far not the biggest problem with the rock n' roll hall of fame.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Hell yeah brother, I had my issues with Jeff Beck not being in there for awhile too.

I never knew the Beatles havent gotten in yet, thats quite odd.
Upon furthur inspection, they are. My mistake. George, John and Paul are in it too, but not Ringo. I am quite furios that Ringo's not in there. Nontheless... those other guys.
Interestingly, Eric Clapton holds the record for multiple induction with three, but Neil Young only has two. He's there for Buffalo Springfield and as a solo artist, but not CSNY. Paul McCartney also only has two as a Beatle and solo, but not Wings.

Other's that are missing include Steppenwolf, John Fogerty (solo), Hubert Sumlin, Ozzy Osbourne(solo), Iggy Pop, Steve Miller, Donovan, The Doobies and the Winter brothers.
Whats Eric's third? I know Cream and Solo, but possibly Dominos too?

CSNY is not in? Fuck, these Hall of Fame snobs just keep making me more mad.
Last edited by WyldeGibsonPlyr at Jul 24, 2006,
the beatles ARE in. some of the guys you're naming are nice, but shouldn't the hall of fame be at least a little exclusive. not every classic rock artist should be there. granted, you can argue if the ojays got in then yeah, but if you were running it and would allow in bands like rush that deserve to be there, wouldn't you also not allow some decent but not HOF caliber bands? john fogerty solo is good, but it's not hall of fame material. of the ones you listed, ufossuck, i think the only no brainers are iggy pop and ozzy. everything else should be very much contested.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Whats Eric's third? I know Cream and Solo, but possibly Dominos too?

CSNY is not in? Fuk, these Hall of Fame snobs just keep making me more mad.

Yardbirds, dingus! It was actually his first, solo was his third. CSN is in, but not CSNY.
also, since i didn't mention it, obv SRV does deserve in.

this gives me an idea...it'd be fun to do a UG R&R hall of fame. We could get people to vote yes or no on previous entries year by year, and also on bands coming up. it could be a fun thread...

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
seems like a general Bands and Artists thing, it wouldn't get too many hits in the quiet blues and jazz area.

Start a thread and list everyone mentioned and whoever you didn't mention then we can have arguements about why they should or shouldn't be in.