i want specific songs which use quite a bit of distortion that sound real good such as toxcicity, by SOAD, or hysteria by muse, but i dont want any really hard complicated, riffs, or extremely difficult solos,

also if anyone knows specific songs played in drop d, such as toxicity, chop suey, prison song, that are really recognisable, fun to play and use a bit of distortion, then throw them my way please, but please dont just say ' anything by.....' or 'anything in this (genre)'
Er, toxicity isn't drop D, its drop C. But anyways, if you like system of a down, Holy Mountains is pretty fun yet simple, Forest is fun, BYOB is cool too, but slightly harder. All System songs are drop C though, so keep that in mind.

If you want drop D songs, Freedom by Rage against the Machine is pretty cool as well as most Tool songs. These are just some suggestions though.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Walk by pantera, except the solo. or Killing in the name by RATM
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Quote by MAXWELLMURDER
or Killing in the name by RATM

+1
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
what the **** does that mean
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Quote by YYZ
Seven by Necrophagist.

haha. he asked for easy... recognizable songs with easy solos. lol I think you gave him the complete opposite... its still a freakin awesome song though.
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
True Nature by Jane's Addiction. Download it, the riff is pretty awesome.

Stockholm Syndrome by Muse.

5 Minutes Alone by Pantera (especially the bit after the solo. Great fun and really heavy)

Suicide Messiah by Black Label Society.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Vornik
Er, toxicity isn't drop D, its drop C. But anyways, if you like system of a down, Holy Mountains is pretty fun yet simple, Forest is fun, BYOB is cool too, but slightly harder. All System songs are drop C though, so keep that in mind.

If you want drop D songs, Freedom by Rage against the Machine is pretty cool as well as most Tool songs. These are just some suggestions though.

I know its not in drop d but if u play it in drop d, the difference is barely negligable so i play it in drop d so its easier to tuneand doesnt strain my neck thus ruining my action, because i dont use heavy gauges,
Quote by MAXWELLMURDER
what the **** does that mean

that means he agrees, like saying me2 lol.
oh. wow. finnally someone who agrees with me on this ****
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Quote by ch715dallat
I know its not in drop d but if u play it in drop d, the difference is barely negligable so i play it in drop d so its easier to tuneand doesnt strain my neck thus ruining my action, because i dont use heavy gauges,

Yeah I do that too, but if you were to play along with the song, it would be off. Just wanted to make sure you knew it was C not D
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
a lot of Velvet revolver stuff is in drop D.. its not quite as heavy as u probly want, but the drop D riffs are great

if ur interested, look at Slither, Dirty Little Thing, and Come On Come In
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Bodomizer
haha. he asked for easy... recognizable songs with easy solos. lol I think you gave him the complete opposite... its still a freakin awesome song though.

The main riff isn't to hard.
Nevermore - Paslm of Lydia

first riff isn't that hard and sounds cool. The rest of the song is harder.
Read my post. Not this.
How 'bout The Animal I Have Become by friggen' Three Days Grace. It's Drop D.. go for it. And Prison Sex is drop B, top string is B, yano.. BADGBE.. So yeah.
Fuel by Corrosion of Conformity is very fun to play. Most Corrosion of Conformity is fun.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

The Drapery Falls by Opeth might be good. I'm learning it now it doesn't seem that hard and you can watch the videos of them dissecting it to help you more.