Has anyone ever played one?...Specifically the Torrent 5 string...I've never played one and I'm curious to hear what people think of em...I'm thinking of getting one since I know a guy...who does things...for people...

*looks around suspiciously*

Yea, he can get me one for cheap, real cheap, but I dont know if it will be a waste of money.

Thanks
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
I've played quite a few Trabens, our local guitar shop tends to carry some and I've always liked them but thought they were a bit too flashy and lacked the mids sound I wanted out of it. I haven't heard of a Traben Torrent, but I'm sure it's just as well made as the rest of Traben's line. If I remember right I've tried an Array-4, a Tribal Sun-5 and a Phoenix-5 and all of them were good, just not my style. I'd make sure I got to try it though before I bought if, since you never know what other people have done to it or if it's not what you thought it was...
Oh good, I was begining to think that nobody here had ever played a Traben, thanks for the input llmarinen...

and yes the Torrent 5 is a discontinued model that has a MUCH smaller bridge compared to the other ones like the Phoenix and the Kore...So you think they are well made instruments that play good and feel comfortable?...Cool.
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
I've played one... a kid a year younger than me bought one and was bragging he payed $400 for it. I'm not sure what model, but it certainly played like a $400 guitar. Nothing exciting about it.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
I've played one.. I don't remember which one... but the body felt really heavy, and the neck wasn't all too great either. It sounded okay though. I don't really like that weird bridge thing they have, but the body shape is pretty cool.
^supposedly it adds a lot of sustain and punch to the sound...I've read some threads on talkbass where some guys confirm that this is true when they compared the Torrent 5 (with the relatively small yet still elaborately designed bridge) to the Phoenix 5 (with the extremely large and elaborately designed bridge) and they confirmed that the Phoenix 5 had more sustain and a punchier sound...
I own a Traben Array 4 string.

The large bridge gives it sustain that runs like diarrhea. The active eq is solid. My only dislike of the thing is the neck. When compared to my Peavey NTB Grind Neck-Thru is feels very articficial.