I'm going to Tool and ISIS, and I was wondering what you guys think of them? I've never listened to them, are they the deal or what?
tool is awesome, but who the hell is isis?
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Quote by *kill'emall*
tool is awesome, but who the hell is isis?
they're a pretty well respected band. i havent heard anything that really grabs me, but they definitely do their own thing. hard band to define too, just as the case is with TOOL.
I figure if they are respected enough by TooL, to tour with them, then theyve got something going for them.
I just got all of Panopticon, and its awesome! Can't wait to see them with Tool in August!
Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

24/08/06
from what little i've heard, Isis do seem to have a sludgy doomish side to them, but i dont know if you'd go so far as to label them metal. Nile sound completely different, they're tech death metal. awesome, awesome band. ->Sacrifice Unto Sebek
Quote by Michelangelo193
I'm going to Tool and ISIS, and I was wondering what you guys think of them? I've never listened to them, are they the deal or what?

pretty good. Sludge metal, with some doom metal influence. Very good pair to Tool, so I would say if you like tool you will like Isis. However I'm pretty sure there are already threads on this band both in Metal and Modern Rock forums.

But yeah like I was saying if you like Tool you'll most likely like Isis too. Very atmospheric, and quite original. They also have some great concepts to the lyrics, but I'll let you follow that up on your own if you're interested.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by oskblom
I just got all of Panopticon, and its awesome! Can't wait to see them with Tool in August!

get Oceanic and Celestial as your next, definitely worth the money.

Lol at the Mastabassist...

I'm not quite sure how you got Isis and Nile mixed up together, unless it was the Egyptian-inspired names that got you confused

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
^all good. They are just so radically different that it got me wondering for a second.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM