Ok i feel really stupid asking this so dont get all mad and what not. I dont no wtf pick ups do but people are like you should get new pick ups and i dont want to sound like a dumb ass in front of my friends so could some1 explain what they do and also if they couls name some pick upsi could use on a B.C. Rich Warlock. Thank you
not EMGs...i have a warlock, set neck deluxe series....and i hear EMG sounds crappy on them...i dunno tho..
R.I.P. DIMEBAG Put this in your sig to keep DIMEBAG's memory alive

Silvertone Revolver guitar
B.C. Rich Warlock Deluxe Series
Dixon Acoustic
Silvertone Smart III Electric Guitar Amp
wow... ya pickups are the things that make a guitar work... they pick up the vibrations of the strings and transfer them into electric signals.. then the signals travel to the amp which makes the sound louder..
Basically, the pickups "pick up" vibrations from the guitar strings and transfer them to an electronic signal.

The first thing you wanna get when improving your tone is a new amp. If you have a good amp, then start looking at pickups and guitars, but if you are still using a practice/SS amp, then chances are, new pickups still wont sound good. If you do have a good amp, then make sure you are putting those pickups into a quality guitar. A low quality guitar as far as wood is concerned will still sound bad with new pickups. So take all those things into consideration before you jump into new pickups.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Jul 23, 2006,
well i have a really nice amp and bc rich warlock bronze series so what kind would be good
^^^What is the amp? And what exactly are the kinds of music you play?

EDIT: If the guitar i looked at on MF is the one you have, then you may want to save up for a new guitar, first. No offense if you like the guitar, but i dont think new pickups will help that much without upgrading the guitar (and maybe the amp).

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Jul 23, 2006,
no its a good guitar but the amp is a crate xt120r. And i play mostly metal but all kinda of rock. I play stuff like slipknot and system of a down and breaking benjamin
^^^That's a solid state amp, right? New pickups wont help all that much with an agathis body guitar and a solid state amp, probably. But if you are dead set on new pickups, i wont be the best to give you suggestions on those genres.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Hes right. The fact you want to buy pickups before you even know what they are shows you probably dont need better ones yet.
^^^I'm assuming the "He's right." was aimed towards me? If so, i appreciate it. Hopefully now the threadstarter will realize im not just trying to be an asshole and make fun of his gear and that im actually trying to save him money in the long run.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86