Page 1 of 2
I have been playing strats allmy life and i decided on a les paul liked the feel and sound. But now i just hate it. I prefer my Pacifica over it all the time so much easier to play and sounds loads better. Im thinking of selling it and gettin a Schecter C1 or 006 Extreme or mayeb even a Fender Fat Strat. Whats ur views on it
Play what you want man, it's about sounds good, not looking cool.

But I have a Schecter C-1+ and basicly it plays like a strat and sounds like a paul.
Les Pauls suck imo. Fat slow necks, horrible upper fret access......

I wouldnt get a new C1 unless it didnt have a trem.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Les Pauls suck imo.

i am sickened by these comments...

threadstarter, what exactly is wrong with it??

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
yeah i dont like les pauls really... slow neck
Quote by lou_dog69
the moral of the story is keep your jizz covered fingers out of virgins vaginas... HOLY CRAP that explains how mary was a virgin!!! the bible finally makes sense
there can be a pretty big difference in quality between Gibson and Epiphone imo. Don't judge all Les Pauls (mainly ones from Gibson) off of a knock-off.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Yeah, a Cort Les Paul copy isnt going to be an enjoyable expierence lol.
Bet its not even an Epi.
SGs all the way man.

Seriously.. they're way better.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Quote by ClassicAxe
Les Pauls suck imo. Fat slow necks, horrible upper fret access......

Tell that to Gary Moore.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
or slash^ it insults me that they call those Epi alder pieces of crap Les Pauls, they dont sound much like Gibson LPs at all if played through a nice amp, sell it and get a real les paul like an Epi elitist or a Gibby, actually get a better amp, an MG let you hear the real tones of your guitar, for $500 you could get a small tube combo which would improve your tone more than any guitar would right now
I love my SG.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
That's absoultly wonderful for Gary Moore, but I believe our thread starter has been playing a Strat all his life, so the fatter neck of a Paul is gonna slow him down. And getting used to it would be better spent practicing on a guitar better suited to his needs. If youre a thin neck kinda guy, go with the schecter, the action is amazing and don't carry the price tag of a fender. And Schecter was originally a customizing guitar shop, and made most of their money off of trinkets to add to the pauls and fenders. Such as a device that splits the humbucker into a single coil. They are made in Korea because the owner wanted a shop that he could get excellent quality but keep the price down. So I'm not gonna say they are made as fine as a PRS, but they might be.
Stick to Ibanez, schecter, fender etc. Find guitars that fit your needs, not the one's celebrities play. After all, aerosmith used first act.
Quote by demea
Yeah, a Cort Les Paul copy isnt going to be an enjoyable expierence lol.
Bet its not even an Epi.

Read my sig
Well I take it that you bought an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Maddy, as it is in your sig.

What, what exactly don't you like about it?

Because I got a Epiphone Les Paul Goth and It's not really good for heavy metal imo but good for Led Zeppelin-ish blues based hard rock.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
LPs sound awesome, but the only thing that sucks about them is the upper fret access. Some people (Zakk Wylde, for instance) can solo fine with them, but my hands are too small and I can't do anything past the 15th fret on a LP.
I hardly ever go past the 14th fret anyways, but if its not what you dig, get rid of it. I love mine, I love both the Les Paul and Fender feel (not SG's though), but I don't really like Ibanez's (except SZ's), so different strokes for different folks.
Slow necks?

Buckethead anyone?
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
Well said Metallica1989.

Very,very true. I have seen Buckethead and Zakk Wylde play some hectic and fast stuff way up the fretboard, and they seem to have no problems.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Well, I found that if you don't rest you hand on the back of the neck and only the left-hand thumb and pivot on it, then there will be less to drag on the neck, it takes a little getting used to, but its so much faster.
I'm not a shredder or a fast player myself, I'm pretty slow, but when my cousin comes to my house, he can shred on my epi lp just fine.

He says it's a bit uncomfortable because of the thick neck, though, but he can do it.
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
Quote by Metallica1989
Slow necks?

Buckethead anyone?

Could it be the maple unfinished necks?
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

Quote by washburndean
SGs all the way man.

Seriously.. they're way better.

Well, there's no getting around an argument as well thought-out and fact-based as that.

As far as Les Pauls being slow, uh, ok.... I don't know, I can play just as fast on my LP's as on my Ibanez Jems and I wouldn't exactly call Zakk Wylde, Buckethead or Al DiMeola slow.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
It just depends on how you like your neck, thick or thin. I have bigger hands so playing on guitars like Ibanez and Jackson makes my hands cramp up personally.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Quote by Bloody Mary
It just depends on how you like your neck, thick or thin. I have bigger hands so playing on guitars like Ibanez and Jackson makes my hands cramp up personally.

Same here, I love the way the Gibson necks fill my hand. Fenders do too, though not nearly as well.
I actually like thick necks. My Godin has a reasonably thick neck where my dad's Squier Tele (I know) has a stupidly thin neck. The Godin is SOOO much nicer in my hands.
If you don't like it, sell it and get a Strat style guitar. Go with the Fat Strat, a little more versatile than the C1, but the C1's are good guitars too.

BTW, I got to play a custom shop Strat on Friday night...through a 100 watt Marshall Plexi Reissue...godly.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
^Lucky bastard. What model? How does it taste?
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

Quote by Mui
^Lucky bastard. What model? How does it taste?

It was a Relic, only 100 of that particular model were made. I was working this festival called Riverfest and a guy in this blues band called Blue House & the Rent to Own Horns had two custom shop Strats and a 1959 Marshall Plexi Reissue.

Here's the band site:

http://www.bluehouseblues.com/
Mmm. You're a photographer, got any pics of said Strat? I lurve relics. Lurve.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Quote by Mui
Mmm. You're a photographer, got any pics of said Strat? I lurve relics. Lurve.

Nah, I was working, didn't have time to take pics (the Production Manager would've kicked my ass).
Quote by into the moat
imo an agile AL-3500 plays and sounds better than a LP standard and it looks cooler.

Having never even seen an Agile in real life, i cannot attest to it's sound/playability but I'm not a fan of Epi Standards.
am i the only person here that read his sig which says he has a marshall MG15 as his main amp, sell the LP and the MG and buy a small tube amp like a Fender Blues Junior, Traynor YCV20, or a Peavey classic 20 depending on what you play and maybe add an ibanez TS-9 too
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jul 24, 2006,
Quote by YoungPilgrim
Having never even seen an Agile in real life, i cannot attest to it's sound/playability but I'm not a fan of Epi Standards.

i was talking about gibson
i love my gibby les paul studio :-)

if it's a 'slow' neck, and it's an epi, theres a good chance it needs to be set up. go to your local guitar shop and ask them, it'll probably be 30-100 bucks but it'll feel like a brand new guitar.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
if you want the lp look with a smaller neck check out the carvin sc90, its a great guitar. its neck thru construction too, so the neck heel is so much smoother than anything else and there is a lot less danger of snapping the neck
Page 1 of 2