I'm thinking of buying either a Fender Fat or Standard Series Strat. I really like the variation the fat strat offers compared to the normal strat. I've been playing a squire for 20 months, and am now looking to step up.

So, I just wanted to put it out there- Fat strat owners, are they good enough to warrant a purchase?
Never played the fat strat but the standard is great. I own one, best guitar I've played in the last four years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a Fat Strat model of guitar.

It's definitely way better than having just single coils. (Blech.)

Just think of this.. having the option of having a Les Paul or a Stratocaster in one guitar. That's pretty much what you get.

The humbucker-single-single configuration is the best configuration for a versatile guitarist.. in my opinion.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
depends on the music u play.

also, ur amp plays a much bigger role.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Wait, youre not gonna get a les paul in a strat. Basicly youre gonna get a crappy guitar. A humbucker seems like a good idea, but in truth it's not the best to put on a strat. Strats are bolt on necks, and not known for their resonance, and so wouldnt sound near enough to a paul. Now, if you want a guitar that is gonna sound like a paul and look like a strat, get a Schecter C-1, but don't expect it to sound like a paul or be a lead guitar.
^strats, even tho bolt on, can resonate as much as any other guitar.

if anything, its the heavier mahogany that makes a schecter sound more LP-ish.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^(edit: schecter1277) dude strats are lead guitars. look at hendrix and clapton. think before you post. you are right in saying that they arent les pauls because thats very true. strats wont get the same thickness of sound as a les paul. but they are too completely different guitars.

threadstarter go for the fat strat. i have one and it kicks ass!!! its good for pretty much anything. im not biased either trust me. they are excellent quality instruments. dont listen to schecter1227 hes very biased
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Thanks for all the comments. The fat strat and the variation in sounds it would give me were what interested me in it in the first place.

Amps not a problem, I'm soon purchasing a line 6 from somewhere, and I love those..

Thanks all.
Yeah, Mick Mars has a hum single hum config. on his strat, and it sounds amazing!
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Why don't you go and play them both and see what you think?

And don't get a line 6, please don't. Get a Vox.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
ouch, line 6 and a strat?

quietly chants vox and cube in the backround
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Meh, whatever amp that takes my fancy and what I can afford really. Just liked the look of a line 6, and found one thats kinda in my price range.

what would you recommened for a fat strat then ?
What playing styles?
And Vox.
Don't be afraid to care"

Well, not much of my own music (yet) but so far alot of chilis and the like, mainly rock.indie, nothing to heavy. I know Frusciante uses Marshalls alot, and Fender amps.

I'll take a look at some Vox.
Vox.
Don't be afraid to care"

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62