i was browsing around guitarfetish.com and i found this...http://store.guitarfetish.com/wh3supiwikit.html, im curious how a guitar with this mod would perform. i have a mim strat that id like to upgrade, and this seems like an interesting approach to doing so. i was wondering if any of you have done this or something similar, and how things turned out. also id like to know what kind of work goes into it, and if id have to make any modifications to the guitar (aside from wiring and stuff). as always, thanks for any help.
gear:
epiphone g-400
ibanez jk1
fender MIM strat, superstrat switching and hot rails in the bridge

takamine eg 530 sc

peavey 100 vk head w/matching 4x12 cab
planet waves pedal tuner
boss ds-1
morley tremonti power wah
ive seen this in a million 80's Charvel models (Model 3's for example), it would't be all that hard, and it would be pretty cool, my advice: go for it man.

-Axe
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
do you know what kind of sound it gives?
gear:
epiphone g-400
ibanez jk1
fender MIM strat, superstrat switching and hot rails in the bridge

takamine eg 530 sc

peavey 100 vk head w/matching 4x12 cab
planet waves pedal tuner
boss ds-1
morley tremonti power wah
It dosnt change the exact sound, it just gives you more freedom to select certain pickups.

I was thinking about doing this, but just buy the certain parts and do it myself, Im sure theyre making a fortune sending u a pickgaurd with 3 extra holes and 6 simple switches.
Last edited by absinthe5765 at Jul 23, 2006,
my friend did that himself for a project and he said it cost him under 10$ ive played the guitar and the switches are def. cooler then the 5way switch and you can play with all 3 pickups on at the same time its pretty cool.