After playing single coils for 10 years, I finally bought a humbucker-equipped guitar; a second hand Schecter C-1 Artist edition. I'm having lots of fun with it, marveling at the lack of hum when using heavy distortion patches. Anyhow, I noticed that my neck pickup is tilted in an odd manner. This isn't the usual tilting from side to side in order vary the amount of clearance for the bass vs. treble strings. My pickup tilts front to back, so the forward coil with the screws is considerably closer to the strings than the back coil. I'm guessing this isn't a good thing, but I must say I haven't been hating the sounds I'm getting. Can someone clue me in on whether or not this is a bad thing, and what can be done to fix it?

Oh yeah, I'm new here. Hey.
Unscrew is from the mount and check under the pickup to see if too much lead cable is snaked under there. Then put it back in. Unscrewing it might just fix te problem.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Which screws do I mess with? There are three on either side of the pickup in what I presume is a mounting bracket.
^unscrew all of them... o yeah and welcome to the greatest forum evah! (im not kidding this place has everything)
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100

mounting screws hold it in there. the blue lines show the up and down.
either a spring is weak, a screw is loose, or the guy that had it before installed it or messed up installing the pickup.

u can fiddle with these screws, try taking out the pup, then putting it back in a better way.
but in case u were still wondering, no its not hurting anything.

the only problem would be if u accidentally ripped off a wire or unravelled a ribbon and broke the pickup.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

mounting screws hold it in there. the blue lines show the up and down.
either a spring is weak, a screw is loose, or the guy that had it before installed it or messed up installing the pickup.

u can fiddle with these screws, try taking out the pup, then putting it back in a better way.
but in case u were still wondering, no its not hurting anything.

the only problem would be if u accidentally ripped off a wire or unravelled a ribbon and broke the pickup.

Jenny, you have just about every guitar reference picture and piece of material that would help anyone out with any problem on this site or in the guitar playing world. Why are not a mod?
Everyone, thanks for the replies. I haven't been able to straighten out my pickup, but I think I understand what's going on. The wire leaves the pickup from the upper left corner and then enters into the guitar in the lower right corner of the cavity. It's too short to route around the pickup, so it has to travel under it. I'm thinking maybe there isn't enough depth to the cavity for both the pickup and the wire, because when I begin to lift the pickup out, it levels itself right away. If this is strictly a cosmetic issue, I'll not worry about it so much. I just thought that having an imbalance in volume between the two coils probably wasn't such a great thing.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Jenny, you have just about every guitar reference picture and piece of material that would help anyone out with any problem on this site or in the guitar playing world. Why are not a mod?

thanks, just enjoy trying to help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011