Hey guys,

My old H&K 60W amp has given it up. So I´m going to buy a new one but I dont have a clue wich one I should take.

I play a B.C. Rich Platinum Pro Beast with KORG AX300G effects. My style of playing ist mostly Death Metal, Metal and Metalcore.

I found recently a drummer so I think I should buy an amp with more W´s. Maybe a tube amp?? The only Problem is that I dont have very much money....

Anyway what do you guys think of the CRATE GT212? Great amp or sound like dogs in the backyard?

Pleas help me!

Thanks guys and greetz from Austria
chris
With that BC Rich you need a lot more than an amp....

No to the Crate (most of thier stuff sucks anyway)

yes get a tube. We need a price range though. If you can get a used XXX then thatd be great for you
Hmmm OK! My price rage is about < 450$. (I know thats not very much for an good amp!)

greetz
chris
Ok look used

the only tubes for that cheap is the Blues Jr (not what you want) the valveking (sounds like ss) and the Crate Palamino (crate...enough said)

Get a used XXX or classic 30 (you're can almost buy new with 450. i think its 500 or 550)
Allright! Thank you JET116 for now!

(@ all others: You can give me tips too if you want! )

greetz
chris

P.S: JET116, you listen to Bright Eyes? Great "Band"!
I second the suggestions of Jet, but with a classic 30, you'd probably need an overdrive. Same for the blues jr, if you want to go that route (and you probably dont).
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
yeah and eventually a speaker change for it....
overall i'd probably go with the XXX because of the changes youll have to make to the 30(as TNfootballfan said, an overdrive and speaker change)

TN it looks like we're partners in crime

Get the XXX threadstarter
Last edited by JET116 at Jul 23, 2006,
Quote by JET116
Ok look used

the only tubes for that cheap is the Blues Jr (not what you want) the valveking (sounds like ss) and the Crate Palamino (crate...enough said)

Get a used XXX or classic 30 (you're can almost buy new with 450. i think its 500 or 550)

The valve king sounds solid state? News to me
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by JET116
TN it looks like we're partners in crime

It would appear that way.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...