ok ive been getting into slide recently, so does anyone know any good songs/riffs/exercises that incorporate a slide? nothing too crazy, kuz im just learning

and dont say freebird, kuz im working on it

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
try some led zeppelin. they do some awsome sliding. In My Time Of Dying is a pretty cool one
travelling riverside blues by zeppelin is also good
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
look up some ry cooder he did all the slide guitar plaing in crossroads suck on that little stevie although those were the vai shredder days
"Rollin and Tumblin" or "If I had possesion over judgement day" by Eric Clapton/Robert Johnson
strat player forever.
Quote by colin617
someone has to say it....freebird

Quote by ScreaminBlues25
and dont say freebird, kuz im working on it

good try though..

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
no more tears - ozzy

you slide with a guitar slide.. or a knife.. or whatever, depending on how much balls you have.
Three words. Allman Brothers Band. All the slide you could ever want. Although those are a little advanced so you might want to start off small, like Aerosmith's Draw the Line and others.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
Eric Sardinas live = freakin incredible slide playing. Same with Lil' Ed and the Blues Imperials. Go see some live music.
Bad to the Bone- Thoroughgood
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Scar Tissue by RHCP has some nice easy slide in it.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Queens of the Stone Age has plenty of slide in some songs. When they play I Think I Lost My Headache live the slide in that is great.
Soul To Squeeze and the last Scar Tissue solo- RHCP
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30