I dont see it discussed much on the forums. I kinda want a review to ensure it's quality, I don't want to just read them off of the reviews portion of the site or on another website because it seems to me that most of those reviews are biased (young people who just got their guitars trying to hype up the model.)

Its pretty much the only rg my GC stocks. I asked about ordering rg321 but it takes a month.

I wouldnt mind going for an affinity fat strat as my next alternative, but guess what, they dont have that either.
Quote by Naregnemyes
I dont see it discussed much on the forums. I kinda want a review to ensure it's quality, I don't want to just read them off of the reviews portion of the site or on another website because it seems to me that most of those reviews are biased (young people who just got their guitars trying to hype up the model.)

Ibanez RG120 I assume.

I have an RG170, same thing as 120 but with HSH and not HH. For the $150 I paid for it, it's an awesome starter/banger guitar. You get what you pay for, hardware-wise - the tone and the pickups are entry level, but with a bit of setup it will have great action and the neck is thin and finished for speed.

My RG170 is kind of like the old Pinto you drive every day because you don't want to put mileage on your '58 Corvette, and that guitar has taken a lot of my mileage and abuse. In the couple years I've had it, it got nicks, scratches, I rewired it a bunch of times to test pickup wiring schemes, but it still plays like a mofo.

However, keep in mind, it's entry level, so don't expect it to be better than, say, the Prestige series, or even close to it in looks and feel. In my opnion, however, it beats a lot of inexpensive guitars I've played - Squier strats, LTD 50 series, and that awful Epi G-310...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!