Ok, I'm in a two-man band...there's me on guitar and my friend on piano/keyboard.
I'm trying to figure out some cool covers that we could do...something different...there's the Beatles, obviously, but, I mean come on, EVERYONE covers the Beatles...and I don't wanna be like everyone else...
So, any ideas? Perhaps some jazzish/rock type stuff akin to the Strokes or Coldplay?
(please don't suggest any metal or punk, that's just not helping...)

Thanks a bunch, y'all...
Dang! Why didn't I think of Jack Johnson *slaps self*...yeah, that would be cool...
As far as Coldplay, we haven't got a drummer, so not I'm sure we'd be able to pull off some of their more well-known songs...maybe Yellow or Speed of Sound(maybe, but I don't know) or something, but there are some things where if you can't do it right, you just shouldn't do it...

Thanks for the help...
Muse! Many Muse songs would sound absolutely fantastic with guitar and piano.
skynyrd.. you might need more ppl to do it, but the piano stuff is craaaazy
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Straylight Run.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
No Quarter by Zeppelin has some amazing Keyboard and Guitar parts in it.
Quote by grimreaper65
Har har har. Go stuff your panties with toads and then masturbate.

Ahh, I love the Pit.

Quote by SilentDeftone
I don't need to report you, I can just ban you instead.

-SD

Owned!
I'm a big Zepp fan, but I haven't heard that one...(ok ok I know...I'm evil...)...I guess I just haven't gotten around to buying that album yet...

What kind of keyboard stuff is in there? A Zepp cover would really kick butt...

And what's Straylight Run?...pardon my ignorance...
Quote by houseofllama
I'm a big Zepp fan, but I haven't heard that one...(ok ok I know...I'm evil...)...I guess I just haven't gotten around to buying that album yet...

What kind of keyboard stuff is in there? A Zepp cover would really kick butt...

It's off of Houses of the Holy. It has a keyboard intro, then the fuzz overloaded guitar kicks in, while the keyboard is still going at it. Then after the vocals, there is a keyboard solo, and two guitar solos.
Quote by grimreaper65

Ahh, I love the Pit.

Quote by SilentDeftone

-SD

Owned!
November Rain!
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
Quote by SlashHammett
November Rain!

that would come out so weak
Quote by MastaBassist10
"Um, yes waiter, I'll have a wank, please."

Quote by HaKattack

I'm a man. We don't cry. We bottle up emotions and become abusive alcoholics.

Proud Member of Slashism. PM slashs_#1_fan to join
Quote by houseofllama
ok sounds cool...
The only thing is, I seriously doubt a Zepp cover would work without the bass and drums...but thanks for the suggestion...rock on...

Actually, there is no bass in No Quarter in the live version. JPJ plays the keyboard in that song instead of bass.
Quote by grimreaper65

Ahh, I love the Pit.

Quote by SilentDeftone

-SD

Owned!
Quote by houseofllama
^...ah...excellent point...but I still don't think a Zepp cover could work without drums...IDK, do y'all think we could just ditch the drums?...it just doesn't seem right to me...

It would work if played on acoustic.

How about some Bohemian Rhapsody?
My rig:
1999 Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Gibson electronics and Sperzel locking tuners
Ibanez RG470 w/ Floyd Rose (soon to be for sale)
Boss NS-1 Noise Surpressor
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
Marshall MG100 1x12" combo
Quote by WOOTjosephine
How about some Bohemian Rhapsody?
Kind of generic...but sure
Quote by houseofllama
an excellent idea(the no quarter thing)
If we did bohemian Rhapsody it would be so incredibly pathetic...it'd be funny though...lol...

Hey, as long as it's better than this, you're out of the woods!
yes, coldplay would be great (i love coldplay). but, i really think you would need a drummer to do coldplay, cuz they have a lot of "powerful bridges" where they all sorta come in heavy to give an emotional feeling. but still, try the scientist, clocks, talk, or speed of sound.
The lack of drums can be somewhat made up for by use of dynamics and accentuating the downbeat using the pianist's left hand.
My rig:
1999 Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Gibson electronics and Sperzel locking tuners
Ibanez RG470 w/ Floyd Rose (soon to be for sale)
Boss NS-1 Noise Surpressor
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
Marshall MG100 1x12" combo
Coldplay:
Amsterdam (I love this song)
Trouble
Scientist
(clocks probably wouldn't work)
What If

The Shadowlands by Ryan Adams (this one is brilliant at the end, but it might take more instruments to really shine)

Waltz #2 by Elliott Smith

Look into David Gray... a couple good songs by him off the albums White Ladder and Life In Slow Motion (aim me, i liek brian, and I can send you some if you delete them right after, LEGALLY!)

Karma Police would be a good song, and so would Pyramid.

Also, check out Sufjan Stevens' album Come On Feel The Illinoise, that's loaded with cool stuff (and it's also got a lot of really mellow acoustic tunes that would sound great with a piano)

And if you're up for singing it, try THIS song:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lVGlzECWe7c

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KrZkaj37kA0

(STEALTH EDIT!)
Last edited by pratt121 at Aug 8, 2006,
You could prolly arrange Wish You Were Here for a guitar and piano
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
I would HIGHLY suggest something from "An Evening With John petrucci and Jordan Rudess", or something from "Liquid Tension Experiment"

very l;ovely song with good keybaord melodys on LTE but only a few of the songs (Maybe 2 or 3) from both albums by them have just Keyboard and Guitar.
IDK if its really ur style but Journey has alot of good guitar/piano songs
Quote by GBMan
It's about as loud as a pidgeon being crushed by a chair.

Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Stratocustic
Austin Flametop Deluxe
Regal Acoustic

Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Peavey Rage 158
Join Me (In Death) by HIM is a good song for piano/guitar. The guitar is fairly easy too so the guitarist can sing. Its also an excellent song!
IDK if its really ur style but Journey has alot of good guitar/piano songs

Agreed. Journey - Don't Stop Believin' would be really good for a guitar/paino duo. Make sure the singing is good though, that song is all about the voice.