alright, so i been playing for a few years now, and i have a Gibson LP studio. i have been playing it through a Peavey Transtube Envoy for a long time (40 watts of solid state), and ive been in a band for a while and its really just not cutting it over the drums. i need something louder, something that goes over drums very clearly, and something big enough for small gigs, because i dont wanna have to run out and get another amp a year down the road. I play punk rock and lots of classic rock-type of solos too. I dont need effects, just power is the main thing, and tone helps too, but i dont need effects. id like to keep it around 300 or less, but i guess i can go a little over.

any suggestions?
Last edited by rancidrancid142 at Jul 23, 2006,
I would save personally but if you need it now for volume Id guess crate or something equaliy and ****ty/loud will do. But serioulsy save up, you will be happier.
^If you hate metal, then why do you have a LTD EC-1000
threadstarter: you could get a Roland Cube for metal, or Vox valvetronix if play anything else
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
LTD's are geared towards metal, unless if yours has SD's
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
But i dont play metal, I dont care what its geared towards as long as it has the tone I like.
Hah, so you hate me 'cause I like metal?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Hah, so you hate me 'cause I like metal?

To the threadstarter, look at some of Peaveys well priced tube amps, The valve king, the XXX (Maybe too much gain, you'll have to decide yourself) also the Windsor when it comes out.

Peavey makes good stuff for not too much dough. Always a good brand to check out.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

so is the vox avd 30, or whatever, loud enough? what about the 50? how much are they, and are they good for what i play?
Quote by ihatemetal
I ****ING HATE METAL AND ALL YOU PIECE OF **** METAL ELITISTS

Threadstarter: Vox AD50VT

Make sure you save up the 50, it'll be enough for practicing. And, if you ever need it to pull off a medium gig or a small gig in a large room, you could always mic it.

It'll cut through drums fine though.

EDIT: Just saw your latest post. The AD50s go for ~360.

I'd suggest going used, as I don't believe they come with a footswitch. If you go used, make sure you buy a new tube for the preamp, as it'll probably be worn out. (Unless stated otherwise by the seller).

But make sure it's a 50, the 50 is so much better than the 30. (Bigger speaker, better quality speaker, sounds better than the 30 at similar volumes)
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language