Page 1 of 3
So whats you best?

Mines 135, but that was two yours ago. I'd say i could do 160 or maybe 170 pounds now.
I don't really lift. Whenever I try to I get bored and give up because it's too hard.
My last max was 200lbs...I think it may be more though, cause it has been a month or two since that. I'm 16, and I weigh just around 145 lbs.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
NO WAI

i dunno...the most ive done is like...60?..65?...but i could do more, easily.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

im 15 too and ive never benched anything in my life.
you big fat bully.
Um...

I like cheeseburgers, pizza, onion rings, and overall contributing negatively to my health.

Laziness ftw?
Last edited by yawn at Jul 23, 2006,
i dont know i just mostly bench people. its fun on like, 20 different levels. you know, be like,"yeah, i can bench 200" and people are like "prove it" and so im like, "hey (insert bitchy, annoying girls name here), can i bench you for a second?" and then everyone thinks shes fat and its funny!
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
BC Rich Platinum Series Beast
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat
Hartke GT100 Head
Hartke GH412a Cabinet
Dunlop Classic Wah
Danelectro FAB Metal
DOD Phaser Pedal
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
My max is 175. I feel bad though, because I'm 15, and I'm 6'4 220. I should be able to bench more
Quote by yawn
Um...

I like cheeseburgers, pizza, onion rings, and overall contributing negatively to my health.

Laziness ftw?

?
Member __ of "The Mars Volta Fan Club".
Quote by Schizoid_Man

?
These benchpressers don't know what they're missing out on.

Exerting energy is insanely overrated
I'm 140lbs, i max out at like 150 when i try, but when i do sets i do 115 caues i'm a weak mother fuc*er. hell i do more on my lat pull downs then bench presses
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.
Free Weights are better

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
I only go up to 120 but it isn't my max. I could do alot more, but whats the point of lifting super heavey if you're only going to do 2 reps? Gotta stimulate that muscle properly.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by yawn
These benchpressers don't know what they're missing out on.

Exerting energy is insanely overrated

I like how you think.
Member __ of "The Mars Volta Fan Club".
Free weights arent better then the resistance training of bow flex, cause bow flex is a hell of a lot safer
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:

Quote by PooKoo
65 beeotch been workin on it all summer!

Quote by Midnight 260
Free weights arent better then the resistance training of bow flex, cause bow flex is a hell of a lot safer

free weights arent unsafe... well they could be but then everything could be, its just the way you use them
if i was a guy i would be gay!

member of the Seinfeld Fan Club --PM the_experience to join

WOOTERS!
I don't know.

Last time I benched it was like 110 or something
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
We have a thing for football called the liftathon and it's sort of a competition where you max out on bench, squat, and dead lift. Last year I couldn't get 135 and I tried twice but last week when i was working out I did 135 8 times easy. I really need to find out my max so I'm not wasting my time when we do the liftathon next week.
Quote by Caustic
Loviator sounds like a 70's sex toy, probably discontinued and withdrawn from retail due to poor grade rubber being used in construction.

Quote by Stop Messin'
Put the weed in your friends anus, light it, and use his pecker like a bong :O
Age 16
5'9
135 lbs

Max out at 160, that means do one and thats it.

Or I could do a couple of 140s
Quote by Midnight 260

It's only safer if you're slow.

By the way I bench 500. With my dick.
I can bench 90. I'm 14, 110 lbs, 5'3.

Shut up.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Im 18 years old
Weigh 140-142 lbs
5'10"

Usually lift 165lbs, 3 sets of 8 reps. My max though would probably 210lbs, just a guess though. I never really tried it since I find it kinda dangerous to have that much over my head, even with a spotter.
Last edited by velly69 at Jul 23, 2006,
Quote by velly69
Im 18 years old
Weigh 140-142 lbs
5'10"

Usually lift 165lbs, 3 sets of 8 reps. My max though would probably 210lbs, just a guess though. I never really tried it since I find it kinda dangerous to have that much over my head, even with a spotter.

If you have a good spotter it shouldnt be a problem.

I only weighed 150 pounds when I benched 245.

Also, if you guys want to increase your max do high rep workouts to build the white muscle fibers so you have a base you can build on.

I used to start out my workouts with 135 pounds times 30 reps and then go up in weight while slowly decreasing reps until I get down to 1 and then I just do 1 rep for each increased weight until I cant do anymore.

It helps to work out with several people so you get a bit of a break and you have several spotters if you get up to heavy weights. Plus it pumps you up more.

Another good work out is to do 10s. Start at a comfortable light weight and do 10 reps (after having warmed up already of course). Then raise the weight 10 pounds and do another 10. Continue until you cant do 10 and do 9 instead. Then do 8 the next one, then 7, and so on until you reach one. Then stop, take a break, and do it again except when you get to 1 keep raising the weight until you can't do it anymore.

You can seriously improve your bench max this way. Also, doing tricep pull-downs helps. If you use a wider grip your pecs will be worked more, and if you use a narrower grip your bi/tri - ceps will be worked more.
i usually max out at 6,000 on good days. most of the time, 100
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
I know there only dangerous if your slow but like....i know how smart people on here are.
Quote by Freepower

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:

Quote by PooKoo
Quote by Keef-is-king
i can bench 160

i weigh 160
i am 15

That's really unhealthy for you.

I weigh about 230 pds and the most I've ever done in a three rep max is 250 pds, but when I work out I keep it at 125 pds and just do more sets and repetitions because that's what cuts the muscle.
Comin' straight out of Compton, with a loose cannon. Smoke big green, call it Bruce Banner.

"Hey son, how many girls called you today? Zero? Oh and how about yesterday? Uh... Zero? Well son, you know what they say. Zero plus zero equals FAG."
280lbs one rep, ~240lbs x 5.

20yrs old 195lbs 6'2.

You guys would be surprised how quickly you would all be able to move up with ~3-4 months of working out maybe just twice a week. In that time you could ALL go up a good 40lbs+ on your max. Easily. Especially if you are still 18-30yrs old.

Depending on your instrument, getting some extra arm and hand strength can really help a lot, not to mention looking better on stage without a shirt

All you have to do is 3 things (when going to the gym)

1) Find an experienced person to go with and motivate you/show you the ropes.
2) Try as hard as you can, do not feel embarrassed by pushing light weights at first (and struggling with them), everyone leaves their egos at the door - the big guys at the gym were all weak once too.
3) Make it past the first couple weeks - these ones are hard - it is when you aren't building muscle so much as making your joints REALLY REALLY sore and preparing them to build. And use all free weights - machines suck.

Work out for a year and you will find that what I push isn't very impressive.

Also, the best way to get cut is diet & cardio. Low/high weight doesn't matter. I personally don't like low weight - pushing max weight is much more fun than pushing max reps. It's all about motivation. I always start low weight high reps and work my way up to high weight low reps.
Last edited by Mehen at Jul 23, 2006,
Quote by bajeda

I used to start out my workouts with 135 pounds times 30 reps and then go up in weight while slowly decreasing reps until I get down to 1 and then I just do 1 rep for each increased weight until I cant do anymore.

Actually that's what I did this evening, drop sets. Did them for the 1st time, got the idea from reading FitnessRX magazine.

1st set was 165 x 12 reps (warm-up)
2nd 155 x max reps
3rd 145 x max reps
etc etc etc...

Did that for bench-press, lat pull-down, biceps, triceps, delts. Killer work-out. If any of you guys wanna try this, make sure you get the least amount of rest between sets, the time for you to change the weights would be enough.
Quote by bajeda
The most I got up to was in 11th grade when training for discus. I got up to 245 pounds for one rep, and 5 reps at 225.

I tore my biceps tendon though and haven't really recovered since

oh ****, what did you throw?

EDIT: ive never adtually maxed out on bench, but 2 years ago i was just foolin around in the wieght room at school, doin sets of 12 with 150's i believe, when also training for discus. i can do several handstand pushups (i weigh like 170), so i guess i could do somewhere upwards of 200? i really dont know though. ill be 16 in a month btw.
Page 1 of 3