i have the software for guitar rig 2 and im gonna buy guitarport and i was wondering if i could use the two together

has anyone else tried this?
will this work?
suggestions?
I have tried it. It works great. I only had the sample of Guitar Rig 2 though. You just have to go into preferences and change the input to "GuitarPort". But it definatley works.
It works, but IMO, Guitar Port sounds WAY better than Guitar Rig 2. And Guitar Port has no latency.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
More options doesn't make something better. I've used both extensively over the past year and a half, and the Guitar Port sounds WAY better IMO. The amp models sound better than Guitar Rig's, and you get way more of them. The distortion sounds better, tighter, and more natural. I've tried all I could with Guitar Rig's models, and they all sound loose and way too digital.

Now, Guitar Rig has better sounding effects and more options on how to place them in the signal chain. It also gives you access to multiple cabinet models, etc that you don't get with Guitar Port. That's a BIG bonus. Extra bonus to the bass amp stuff in GR too. I use the SVT bass model all the time for bass and it's great.

But in the end, at least for me, it comes down to which produces the most natural sounding tones, and to me, that's the Guitar Port.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
My band wont record stuff, but i'd like to, what do i need? is it just a Mic, software, computer?
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.