ok so this band black stone cherry has a song called lonely train that was a free download on itunes, and they rock pretty hard, so can anyone whos a fan recommend some good songs?
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
BC Rich Platinum Series Beast
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat
Hartke GT100 Head
Hartke GH412a Cabinet
Dunlop Classic Wah
Danelectro FAB Metal
DOD Phaser Pedal
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
buy the cd... its probaly only $10 anyways

I have the cd and pretty much all the songs are good, no major disapointments
I really like thier single, and i plan on buying this album one of these days-but unfortunatly i'm really poor right now-studio time costs an arm and a leg. But i'm sure i can scrape together $13 to buy the album.
Cream fan club member #11.
Every song is good. Rain Wizard, Shooting Star, Backwoods Gold, Lonely Train, Maybe Someday, and When the Weight Comes Down are my personal favorites...

granted that's like half the album.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
I don't think they're too bad, nothing really original but its pretty good. I also think it's badass that they did a cover of "Shapes of Things".
they are badass
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
meh, I think they are one of the more blatanly Alice in Chains influenced band.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

everyone's gotta be influenced by somebody right?
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by mcww1
buy the cd... its probaly only $10 anyways

I have the cd and pretty much all the songs are good, no major disapointments

No disapointments at all, gotta love taht Southern hard rock feel.

Anybody have a favorite song? Mine is Hell & High Water.
Quote by Stacked Actors
meh, I think they are one of the more blatanly Alice in Chains influenced band.

no they are inspired by Lynard Skynard and Black Sabbath....they said do themsleves in an interview video
^Then again who doesn't say they're influenced by Sabbath dude? I think they're pretty mediocre and I could definitely live without them. They sound like countless bands we've seen rise and fall in the last 5 years alone.

Inspiration means nothing to me when I'm looking for a new band to listen to. I love Tool for example, but I don't go looking for bands that are inspired by Tool because that can mean that Tool just inspired them to pick up an instrument or start a band, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their sound. So I'm done handing out "Oh hey they're inspired by Sabbath, they must be ok" cards.

But that's just my opinion. Let's remember to take it with a grain of salt folks, it's just a band.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
But that's just my opinion. Let's remember to take it with a grain of salt folks, it's just a band.

The same could be said for Tool
Quote by Paroxysm
The same could be said for Tool

*turns into ultra hypocrite* NO IT CAN'T. YOU'RE WRONG IN EVERYWAY! I AM SYNONYMOUS WITH PERFECTION AND PROLIFIC.... CORRECT...NESS!

lol j/k. C'mon what kind of response do you expect from me. You don't need to point out things I already know. But you havn't said anything about Tool so I don't feel there was any reason to.
I just saw Black Stone Cherry live last Sunday. I really like this band.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
they rock
the CD will come with a DVD
13 songs
i would pay $30 but you can get it for $10
so DO IT
go see their sight BLACKSTONECHERRY.com if you dont believe me

favorite songs:any of the first seven minus "when the weights come down" which still rocks
but lonely train, rain wizard, and crosstown woman
BSC is a very great band, I saw them in Jackson, TN, with Shinedown and Halestorm, BSC was INSANE, I almost want to say they were better than Shinedown live, but since Brent had more freedom to roam the stage, since he didn't play guitar, he could get the crowd PUMPED...but I'm sure if Chris didn't play guitar and sing, he'd easily be as awesome as Brent Smith.......

Also, Ben Wells, the other guitarist is an awesome guitarist, and also an awesome person, I met him after the show, he's awesome..But I can't leave w/o mentioning the other two Jon and John...bassist and drummer, they were insane too....BSC is just an overall good band
Waffles Are Like Pancakes With Syrup Traps...

-Mitch Hedberg
yeah they rock
i have tabs for a lot of there songs, and two right nnow are posted on this site
rain wizard, and lonely train
and if you want me to tab a song, message me and i will see if i have done it
if i have it, then i will post it
wow... just looked into these guys, I gotta say I really like their stuff. I got the CD last night, no complaints.
So Your Sickness Weighs A Ton And God's Name Is Smack For Some
God Smack by Alice in Chains

those boys in Mother Love Bone... They're like soup, they're like nothing bad
Holy Roller by Mother Love Bone

RIP Layne Staley and Andrew Wood
they're ****ing awful
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati