What's the difference between play a double stop, i.e x35000 and playing a powerchord?
#2 fanboy of Conor Oberst pm frd_mrshall to join
Well the formula for both a powerchord and a doublestop is a root note and it's 5th. In a powerchord, the root note is in the bass, and in a doublestop, the 5th makes up the bass note. So basically they are the same two notes, just played in different styles that obviously have different feelings to them.

EDIT: Unless I'm looking at it wrong, the example you gave is a powerchord, not a doublestop. The doublestop that would go with your G powerchord would be located at:

A---10-----
E---10-----

EDIT AGAIN: **** I give up... Oh well I tried. Just ignore this then.
[SIZE=
Last edited by SupImJimmy at Jul 23, 2006,
???
SupImJimmy, you gave him a 4th, not a 5th.

A double-stop is any two notes at ones, isn't it? Not only just 4ths, which I believe is a common misconception.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Edit: and how can i name the doublestops? and find out the 'x'th of any note?

How can I find out the 4th of a root note
#2 fanboy of Conor Oberst pm frd_mrshall to join
Quote by metal4eva_22
double stop is the root and the fourth not the fifth

Is it really? I actually just got told what a doublestop was in another thread and then saw this here and tried to explain it... well then unless someone can come and clarify this for us, please ignore my reply.

EDIT: I'm bewildered and confused.... can anyone explain this to me now??
[SIZE=
Last edited by SupImJimmy at Jul 23, 2006,
Powerchord = Root 5th Octave
Doublestop =Wikipedia
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.