Anyone have any suggestions for strat pickups that sound good for blues, and possibly a little jazz?

I hear Texas Specials are nice.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
vintage noiseless by Fender. They suit all of my blues/jazz/shred/funk needs. I love them.
Texas Specials great for blues. SRV used them if that stands for anything.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Are the Texas Specials alright for jazz?

Anyone else have imput on the noiseless pickups? I haven't heard much about them.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
Quote by AngelGC
Texas Specials great for blues. SRV used them if that stands for anything.

He didn't use them, he used factory stamped '59 vintage stock pickups. Texas Specials were designed to fit his needs. As for some good blues/jazz p'ups, I like the DiMarzio Heavy Blues. It sounds good n' thick while retaining vintage strat sounds.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

Last edited by Mui at Jul 24, 2006,
I myself have been impressed by the '57/'62's I bought recently, fat, clear, pure strat, not as hot as the Texas Specials, but, they do mellow out easier, so your interest in Jazz would probably be better served.
"Let me tell you something about Rebels, Obi-Wayne. They want you to come get them, they LOVE it."
I'm not looking for a fat tone, I have that easily on my Les Paul. I want a hot sound.

Check out my recordings