Guys,
I've heard people say Jackson Soloists are the 'ultimate shred guitar' but dont the gloss necks pose a bit of a problem for shred sometimes? Doesn't the gloss finish make it harder to move up and down?

Thanks in advance...
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Bodenhamer modded Maxon OD808
Marshall DSL 401 Combo
Mesa/Boogie F-50 w/ Marshall TSL 2x12 cab
My Les Paul has that glossy neck and it has paint. Its only hard when my hands get sweaty. But the Soloist owns. Its a beautiful guitar. If I had the money I would buy that guitar!
Yes, but its not THAT big of a factor...... Dont let that stop you from buying a soloist
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Well, I am EXTREMELY picky about the necks I play and for me they must always be a satin finish or a tung oil finish. I would buy a Jackson soloist myself but I am not a fan of standard neck joints (non aanj) either so I would only buy a neck thru soloist but those come with big price tags and I would have to refinish the neck which would definately ruin the value of the guitar.

Gloss does slow you down but with many people (not me) it doesn't really matter. A gloss finish is also stronger against discoloration and sweat so it does make your neck's life longer.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Thanks guys!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Bodenhamer modded Maxon OD808
Marshall DSL 401 Combo
Mesa/Boogie F-50 w/ Marshall TSL 2x12 cab
i have several guitars with gloss finishes and it doesn't affect my sliding, it's all about how loosely you grip it.