So here's an idea. Stuff like the rock and roll hall of fame is very controversial, because a whole lot of people's favorite band's are not in, and there are beefs with subpar bands that are already in. So i think it'd be fun to restage the HOF votes here with UG users. We could vote on previous years, taking into account both bands that were let in, and bands that were eligible but rejected. We can also vote on future years, because this site:

http://www.futurerockhall.com/index.html

has pretty good listings of bands that will soon be eligible. obviously we can also suggest more bands and vote on them. so before we start anything, perhaps there should be suggestions about the best way to run this. do we want to vote on groups already in? should we just stick to groups not yet in, and present let's say fifteen eligible groups at a time and have some fun debate? your ideas please...
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Lou Reed: More successful than VU, but only in as a member of VU.
J.J. Cale: As a non-performer atleast. His songs have been covered by half of the Hall of Fame including God, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Johnny Cash, Chet Atkins and many more. According to God, he's the best guitarist in America.
Hubert Sumlin: As a sideman. Sideman to Howlin' Wolf, who is in
Guess Who: First Canadians to hit U.S. top ten and to hit U.S. #1 with a single and/or album.
Buddy Guy: In already as a performer, but not in as a sideman to Muddy Waters.
Ozzy: In for Sabbath, but not solo
CSNY: Self explainatory
Donovan: Incredible singer/songwriter
Iggy Pop: Self explainatory
Ringo: Self explainatory
Jeff Beck: Best guitarist alive. Rod Stewart, Ron Wood and The Yardbirds wouldn't be there if not for him.
Joe Walsh: Self explainatory
James Gang: Best band Joe was ever in
Steppenwolf: First "Heavy Metal" band. Heavy metal was good back then, remember?
B.T.O.: Biggest hard rock band in Canada. Hit #1 in sixteen countrie for single and album with "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" and Not Fragile.
John Fogerty: Self explainatory
The Doobie Brothers: Self explaintory

For the Future

SRV: Self expainatory
Jeff Healy: Best Damn blind guitarist I ever heard.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
i'm kinda upset that Deep purple isn't in the hall of fame. at one point in the 70's they were one of the most popular bands, and i know they've sold lots of albums...

I also think Foghat should be in the Hall of fame... but i can see why they're not. they didn't have a lot of huge hits.
i think we have to be weary of individual artists from bands. i love the beatles more than life itself, but ringo is not obvious. as a member of the beatles yes, as solo not quite. same for walsh.

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
yeah i'd agree with Rush...not a big fan, but prog has got to get at least a little love, and i know i'd vote down almost any other similar band

Quote by himforyou666777
dudes both black sabbath and ozzy osbourne are all ready in the hall of fame

Odd, I can't find his name on this list.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by himforyou666777
HIM CKY AFI

Grow up and relize your wasting your teenage years listening to bad music. And once your older, your going to look down on yourself for not getting into true music sooner.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr

Grow up and relize your wasting your teenage years listening to bad music. And once your older, your going to look down on yourself for not getting into true music sooner.

Bad music doesn't always get ignored by the hall of fame. I'll bet the shirt off my back Nirvana will get in.
Oh, I know.

It wouldnt surprise me if Nirvana gets in. The judges obviously dont judge bands on they're talent, more so on they're popularity.
nirvana absolutely deserves to get in, if only for their tremendous influence and cultural impact, althouth i personally think the songs are great too.