I prefer Pedals myself, but you have to know how to chain them otherwise you get a ****ty sound.

Footswitch is a little easier thou
It depends on what type of amp your using because most amps don't have the best effects on them. Otherwise if you got good effects on your amp its just personal preference.
i use a korg toneworks for all my effects, cleans, distortions, and everything else. im not saying my carvin amp doesnt sound good, i just dont like its effects
Distortion and clean channels should be good on your amp. Otherwise, get a good amp. As far as effects, pedals are the only way to go. Because if you have effects on your amp, odds are it's digital, which means the tone most likely blows.
My Band------> www.myspace.com/earlybirdspecial
Gear: modded Epi Les Paul>Boss TU-2>Dano Compressor>Boss DS-1>EHX Small Stone>Boss PH-3 Phaser>Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger>Boss DD-3>Boss DD-20 Delay>1989 JCM 800 2205>1973 Chequerboard Marshall 4x12
It depends they are both pretty easy to use, I use pedals but thats cause my amp effects suck. If u have like a Marshall the gain/overdrive is amazing but most amps have bad effects. If i was u i would get a Vox Valvetronix amp cause it has a lot of built in effects and they sound really good. but if u dont want to spend much money and only want a distortion get a good distortion pedal like the Digitech Metal Master or Hot Rod. The Boss Metal Zone is good too.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Oh and dont go digital they suck for recording get analog
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
actually digital is like a hundered times more versatile in recording.
Have you ever even been in a real recording studio?

I use digital effects, as does 99% of the guitar playing world.
Tube amp though, It sounds nicer to me.

I play on the clean channel on this little vox tube amp. 10 inch speaker, the headphone output goes to a behringer to make it loud.

Pedals in order
Ds1-wah-phaser-chorus-echo-delay-delay-delay-delay-amp
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."